Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent omnipotence?
Permanent omnipotence?
Is there any biblical reason to believe that God's omnipotence is permanent?

Maybe he started off that way, created the universe, then became weak, and watered down to a homeopathic level. And then maybe Satan almost reached omnipotence and that explains why the world is so sad, scary, annoying, painful and hopeless?
RE: Permanent omnipotence?
But still, where would these gods have originated from?
Well, that's not my question.

If you want my opinion on that: Nowhere. They don't exist. I am saying, if the God of the Bible exists, is there any biblical reason to believe his omnipotence is permanent?
The world is indeed sad and scary. But not hopeless, the numbers show that the population of this planet are losing faith and the need for god. I myself rejoice every day with the knowledge that we are winning the war on idiocy act. It may get worse before better but it will certainly not result in an Armageddon.
The world is hopeless from the point of view of many, that is what I mean. Many people feel despair in this world.
Yes. The bible would have you believe that god is permanently all-powerful.

However, the bible would have you believe a plethora of teachings that are easily proven to be nonsense.

Permanent omnipotence is the only way to view the bible's god
(November 11, 2012 at 12:37 pm)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Is there any biblical reason to believe that God's omnipotence is permanent?
This cannot be a serious question unless you haven't read the Bible. Every few pages there is a reference to something or another God has done or will do, that has or will last for all time. Clap
Well, if we roll over and accept the fairy tales..then at one point god was destroying towns with hellfire and spawning dragons...but now he's limited to appearing on toast and getting people 25cent raises. I'd say the field is wide open as to how to explain this.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 11, 2012 at 1:45 pm)Silas Stingy Wrote:
(November 11, 2012 at 12:37 pm)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Is there any biblical reason to believe that God's omnipotence is permanent?
This cannot be a serious question unless you haven't read the Bible. Every few pages there is a reference to something or another God has done or will do, that has or will last for all time. Clap

I haven't read the Bible. I haven't been religious and I haven't considered the Bible to be worth reading for fictional or non-fictional purposes.
You aren't missing out on anything.....Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The logical consequences of omnipotence Esquilax 326 145664 February 9, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Musings about omnipotence and perfection. Edwardo Piet 59 16890 February 17, 2011 at 9:00 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah