Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death.
Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death.
I'm so appalled. I saw this on Reddit and I'm still so appalled.

GayStarNews Wrote:The law will broaden the criminalization of same-sex relationships by dividing homosexuality into two categories; aggravated homosexuality and the offense of homosexuality.

‘Aggravated homosexuality’ is defined as gay acts committed by parents or authority figures, HIV-positive people, pedophiles and repeat offenders. If convicted, they will face the death penalty.

The ‘offense of homosexuality’ includes same-sex sexual acts or being in a gay relationship, and will be prosecuted by life imprisonment.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/ugand...bill121112
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
RE: Uganda passing law that allows them to put homosexuals to death.
Thanks to all of the missionaries spreading the hate in Africa! Not that many traditional African societies were particularly fond of homosexuality to begin with, but mixed with the fundamentalist religious dogma, BOOM...
That one penis policy explodes when balls are touching.

[Image: 1210882602244.jpg.[roflposters.com].myspace.jpg]

Can't just let that go, now can we?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(November 12, 2012 at 6:39 pm)festive1 Wrote: Thanks to all of the missionaries spreading the hate in Africa! Not that many traditional African societies were particularly fond of homosexuality to begin with, but mixed with the fundamentalist religious dogma, BOOM...

That`s how I was notified about this, through the press.
That american evangelicals were spreading their rubbish there.
I think it should be punishable if a citizen of a country encourages people in a different country - to implace laws which would be a crime against humanity in the country they come from.

People like Scott Lively should be put on trial, or there should at least be an inquirey into his activities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Lively

edit:

Oh yeah. I defenatly WANT a christian oppinion on this! And maybe eaven a justification if they have one!
Hubby has some cousins who are currently missioning in Uganda (that's an interesting story in and of itself, dude woke up one day with a "calling" from god telling him to move his family to Africa to mission, no money, no plans, just go and mission). Hubby and I got into a HUGE argument when I found out he was sending them money. I get that it's his cousin and his family, but I don't want my family's money going to support such bullshit and bigotry.
(November 12, 2012 at 7:17 pm)festive1 Wrote: Hubby has some cousins who are currently missioning in Uganda (that's an interesting story in and of itself, dude woke up one day with a "calling" from god telling him to move his family to Africa to mission, no money, no plans, just go and mission). Hubby and I got into a HUGE argument when I found out he was sending them money. I get that it's his cousin and his family, but I don't want my family's money going to support such bullshit and bigotry.

Also, up and moving your family to Africa when you can't afford to do so is a stupid idea.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
It's funny because now the kids have "gone native." Hubby's cousin does not approve...
Ah, it's back again, isn't it?

This has been a bizarre little case that's been going on for a few years. It started with, you guessed it, Christian missionaries in Africa. The natives didn't trust or like them at first, but then they realized they could get food and medicine and other good stuff by listening with them. Unfortunately, the missionaries spread their homophobia over there. At first, the Christian right considered it a great success but now they're trying to wash their hands of the extreme stance they're taking..... even though they're still fighting any attempt anyone (especially the UN or the US government) makes towards saying anything against this.

Here's one of their speeches. It's just absurd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDzW_5QDvU4

Or course, it didn't take long for this to get turned into youtube poop. Pun was probably intended. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1X7I1YJwqk

They tried passing it before but it was really close. I'm not surprised they tried again and it passed. Now it's just a question of what the UN and/or the other governments of the world are going to do about it (probably nothing).
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(November 12, 2012 at 7:38 pm)TaraJo Wrote: They tried passing it before but it was really close. I'm not surprised they tried again and it passed. Now it's just a question of what the UN and/or the other governments of the world are going to do about it (probably nothing).

Hubby's organization is funding at least one non-governmental organization in Uganda that is for gay rights (that I know of). All hope is not lost... it's just a dim hope. And with people like those in the videos you posted, it's an uphill battle.
Bingo!

I found a documentary I watched about a year ago! It was very informative and gives a good overview of the situation.
The vids TaraJo posted remined me of this.
It`s long but worth it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL1tyYFicXo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The hearings and a matter of law. Brian37 0 222 June 29, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4355 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  LAW and CIVILIZATION senorlegalo 64 4835 January 19, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 423 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2523 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them Minimalist 8 1160 November 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2563 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2835 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 620 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3400 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet