Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Corrective" rape on the rise in South Africa
"Corrective" rape on the rise in South Africa
So whilest reading some more stories reporting on the situation for homosexuals in Uganda, I came across this very disturbing story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twzajfLLUZc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13908662

Quote:In April, Noxolo Nogwaza was raped by eight men and murdered in KwaThema township near Johannesburg.

The 24-year-old's face and head were disfigured by stoning, and she was stabbed several times with broken glass.

The attack on her is thought to have begun as a case of what is known as "corrective rape", in which men rape lesbians in what they see as an attempt to "correct" their sexual orientation.

Quote:Some trace the root of the problem to pockets of traditional African society that have not accepted homosexuality - especially among women.

"African societies are still very patriarchal. Women are taught that they should marry men, anything outside of that is viewed as wrong," says Lesego Tlhwale from African gay rights group Behind the Mask.

"It is seen as un-African for two women to marry. Some men are threatened by this and then want to 'fix' it," she adds.

I didn`t want to open this thread in the "politics" category, but didn`t know where else to open it.
To me this is clearly a crime and if I could I would post it under a "crime" category.
RE: "Corrective" rape on the rise in South Africa
(November 14, 2012 at 4:27 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: I didn`t want to open this thread in the "politics" category, but didn`t know where else to open it.
To me this is clearly a crime and if I could I would post it under a "crime" category.

Well, that's disgusting. Maybe there should be a 'Shocked and Outraged' section, or something of the like.
Basically:

"I'm emotionally pained by women's sexual preference not including me. I must force them to have sex with me, threaten them, destroy their property and ultimately, kill them; that'll show them how awesome men are. I'm fixing them by rape; I'm practically a therapist! No, of course this isn't just convenient justification to excuse rape and get off."

Also, that guy's hat and the fashion in which he wears it is reminiscent of scumbag Steve's hate. How fitting.
This makes me angry, either to go Rambo on them or re-educate there tiny fucked up minds.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(November 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: Also, that guy's hat and the fashion in which he wears it is reminiscent of scumbag Steve's hate. How fitting.

I noticed that too. Still, I can't help but think, were I to choose between hanging out with scumbag Steve or the guy in the video, I don't know where I'd rather go.

As it stands, yeah, this is a crime. Even the UN condemns rape, especially corrective rape. Problem is, who's going to enforce the law against them? How can we protect his potential victims?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Unfortunately the government of South Africa doesn't really prosecute rape. I saw a story a year or two ago about a girl who was gang-raped, and it was filmed on someone's camera. The police received the evidence and did nothing. It wasn't until public outcry about this story got too loud did they did anything about it. If you want more horror stories about rape, look up rape in the Democratic Republic of Congo. It's truly horrible what human beings are capable of doing to one another Sad
Quote:The police received the evidence and did nothing.

Sounds like cops everywhere.
(November 14, 2012 at 7:13 pm)festive1 Wrote: Unfortunately the government of South Africa doesn't really prosecute rape. I saw a story a year or two ago about a girl who was gang-raped, and it was filmed on someone's camera. The police received the evidence and did nothing. It wasn't until public outcry about this story got too loud did they did anything about it. If you want more horror stories about rape, look up rape in the Democratic Republic of Congo. It's truly horrible what human beings are capable of doing to one another Sad
Maybe the cops need a bit of frontier law, you get caught doing bad shit by law enforcement, you get shot.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Corrective Action, Divine Segregation, Racial Purity ... all words used to justify unspeakable atrocities throughout human history.

In this particular case, it's nothing more than a piss poor excuse to "justify" raping a woman. Useful for any dirtbag wanting a quick lay and no hassles. I have no doubt that many straight women have been "taught corrective action" for simply turning down a man's advances. Guaranteed.

twisted fucks
[Image: Evolution.png]

I'm pretty sure it's just going to harden their will to remain homosexual.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Right on the Rise Foxaèr 2 366 September 14, 2022 at 6:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 1995 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Punishment for rape in Turkey? Marry your rapist. Mechaghostman2 2 295 January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Wink Please rise for our new national anthem NuclearEnergy 0 593 June 21, 2017 at 4:40 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  So Trump can insult a Gold Star family, brag about rape, brag about molesting kids NuclearEnergy 23 4767 May 7, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  North Korea executed 5 security officials, South Korea says KUSA 32 5089 March 2, 2017 at 7:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Fuck the South Minimalist 6 816 March 31, 2016 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Thank You, South Africa, but Minimalist 5 1237 November 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Bernie Wows the South West Minimalist 10 2868 July 22, 2015 at 12:06 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  South Dakota Vying For The Capitol of Dumbfuckistan? Minimalist 15 3912 January 30, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0