Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are some people too ugly for god?
Why are some people too ugly for god?
Leviticus 21:17-20

21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
21:18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,
21:19 Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,
21:20 Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;

1) Do any churches of today practice this commandment from god? Why not?
2) How could jesus and this god be the same one in the light of this scripture?
3) If god "made" the ugly, and handicapped, A.K.A. "Blemished," why would he shun them from his alter? Why did god draw the line at grotesque and handicapped? Why didn't he say that the priest must be a "Ford Model" with perfect skin and the most perfect "Winsome" face? With no dirt under his nails and no stinky arm pits?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Why are some people too ugly for god?
As for number two, I have often wondered that myself. When I have asked "why do Jesus and Yahweh have different personalities?", I have either gotten "they don't" or silence.
For the same reason that Lu could not be the leader of the tuatha de. lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 19, 2012 at 11:03 pm)Rhythm Wrote: For the same reason that Lu could not be the leader of the tuatha de. lol.

Lugh or Nuada Silver Hand?
For some reason when I saw the title of this thread I thought about evil and creation. God created everything supposedly in a deliberate and perfect manner. So all the evil we see in the world must be His doing. Some might argue that no it is Satan's doing. But I doubt if Satan elbowed his way into the creation business without the go-ahead from God.

So in the spirit of questions which expose the contradictions inherent in the Christian conception of god ...
could God create a person so vile and evil that God himself could not love and redeem him? If so, why would He? If not, how powerful is He really? (We know he is a sick-twisted enough individual to do it.) We all know the free will response but why would God create our nature out of such flimsy and flawed material?

Then again who cares? It is very much like arguing whether Thor or the Hulk would kick the other's ass. It is like fan fiction for the bible.
Quote:21:20 Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;

Angry

That makes my blood boil.
...and so we see the christian mandate for ablist discrimination. No wonder so many christian Republicans & Conservatives oppose national health systems: their god tells them to!
Sum ergo sum
"Don't blame me for being handsome "
~God~
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais
Quote:If god "made" the ugly, and handicapped, A.K.A. "Blemished," why would he shun them from his alter? Why did god draw the line at grotesque and handicapped? Why didn't he say that the priest must be a "Ford Model" with perfect skin and the most perfect "Winsome" face? With no dirt under his nails and no stinky arm pits?

Because the god of the Bible is a teenage bully. Think about it: self-importance, propension for violence, immaturity and stupidity, ingratitude, and picking on the less fortunate. It makes a lot of sense.

Actually, the more i think about it the more I'm convinced that the biblical god is Biff Tannen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9c1k_m6P...ure=fvwrel
(November 19, 2012 at 10:31 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Leviticus 21:17-20

21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
21:18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,
21:19 Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,
21:20 Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;

1) Do any churches of today practice this commandment from god? Why not?
2) How could jesus and this god be the same one in the light of this scripture?
3) If god "made" the ugly, and handicapped, A.K.A. "Blemished," why would he shun them from his alter? Why did god draw the line at grotesque and handicapped? Why didn't he say that the priest must be a "Ford Model" with perfect skin and the most perfect "Winsome" face? With no dirt under his nails and no stinky arm pits?

You are not reading your bible correctly. Do this:

Open your bible to Leviticus, turn the book upside-down, spin yourself around three times (counter-clockwise), close your eyes and chant this repeatedly: "Jesus came to abolish the old laws, except the ones about homos".

Now you have the correct "interpretation".
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Thoughts on the Goodness of God God_is_Good 49 2090 April 10, 2024 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Some thoughts on "god" The Valkyrie 19 473 April 5, 2024 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 562 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Way, the Truth, and the Ugly LinuxGal 0 429 October 1, 2023 at 11:45 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1662 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why are some moderates insistent on religious rituals? Der/die AtheistIn 18 1381 February 5, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2623 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1496 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9081 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29800 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda