Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delightfully Appropriate
Delightfully Appropriate
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012112...52500.html

Quote:STOCKHOLM (AP) - A hatch on a Swedish church tower inadvertently left open for some three decades resulted in 2 tons of pigeon droppings amassing in the tower.

The church's property manager says the layer of droppings was 30 centimeters (12 inches) deep when it was discovered during a May inspection of the Heliga Trefaldighets Kyrka in Gavle, 170 kilometers (105 miles) north of Stockholm.

Thank you, pigeons, for your eloquent statement!
RE: Delightfully Appropriate
Tongue Oh dear Oh dear ROFLOL

(I like it...I like it alot! Tongue)
Quote:Lennart Helzenius said on Thursday that church staff had been shocked by the sheer number of bags of excrement cleaners were removing from the tower. He says the droppings filled 80 bags in the first round of cleaning, and then just as many in the second round.

I wonder how much birdshit there was as well?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 23, 2012 at 1:44 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
Quote:Lennart Helzenius said on Thursday that church staff had been shocked by the sheer number of bags of excrement cleaners were removing from the tower. He says the droppings filled 80 bags in the first round of cleaning, and then just as many in the second round.

I wonder how much birdshit there was as well?

Clap
Probably ran out of bags long before they got to the birdshit.
This story is crap. How does one leave a 'hatch open' for 30 years an not know?
Quote:This story is crap

Yes, indeed. It is crap.
Interesting. An inconsequential story about someone leaving a hatch open for thirty years is crap, but someone rising from the dead and then flying off into the sky is perfectly reasonable?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
take it easy stimmy, i was just trying to make a pun.
As I was trying to make an ironic observation. No worries. I see where you were going, but just a little pointer, if you'll indulge. A verbal pun is a play on words often relying on ambiguous meanings, such as a tiger in a zoo saying of his neighbour in the next cage "don't listen to him, he's lion", or a fireman warning about a prankster who sets fires just for laughs "watch out, there's arson about". Or even the one about the nonogenarian priest who watched the young boys' swimming tournament and nearly had a stroke, only he couldn't reach. That sort of thing.
(November 23, 2012 at 4:38 pm)Drich Wrote: take it easy stimmy, i was just trying to make a pun.

About as well as you do everything else, too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There is Something Delightfully Ironic in Minimalist 6 1668 May 28, 2013 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh, Catholics, you delightfully hypocritical fucks. Creed of Heresy 44 13269 February 12, 2013 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  Is God using humans to reproduce appropriate reproductive conduct? Greatest I am 2 1435 December 22, 2011 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am