Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Dawkins Youtube Channel Closed Due to Copyright Infringement
Richard Dawkins Youtube Channel Closed Due to Copyright Infringement
http://www.youtube.com/user/richarddawkinsdotnet/videos

Quote:richarddawkinsdotnet has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

Wonder what he did...
RE: Richard Dawkins Youtube Channel Closed Due to Copyright Infringement
(November 30, 2012 at 3:15 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: Wonder what he did...

If its not legitimate I think you can counter sue. I doubt he would hold back either. Could be interesting.
curiously, this one is also banned:
http://www.youtube.com/user/richarddawkinsnet/videos
This account has been terminated due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines and/or claims of copyright infringement

But this one is valid, but it has no videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/richarddawkins/videos
Is that his own channel or just something created by a fan?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
It's official, bro.

The official channel has been infringing copyrights?
It is so easy to infringe copyrights on Youtube... it all depends on whether anyone notices and cares.
Cunt
I think Dawkins has to come clean about it. Which of his materials included copyrighted works and why/how they made it into his channel.

If it's multiple, then you know it's serious.

Whoever handles his channel must have been seriously incompetent, or just an outright thief.
(November 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm)frankiej Wrote: It is so easy to infringe copyrights on Youtube... it all depends on whether anyone notices and cares.

Yeah, I had an old video of me playing the piano when I was 16 at a little kids recital. YouTube said it "may" be owned by some label so they play ads with it now.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(November 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:
(November 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm)frankiej Wrote: It is so easy to infringe copyrights on Youtube... it all depends on whether anyone notices and cares.

Yeah, I had an old video of me playing the piano when I was 16 at a little kids recital. YouTube said it "may" be owned by some label so they play ads with it now.

You should put it up.
LOL. You know how easy it is to file a false DMCA takedown notice? Or hundreds of them?

I think I'll wait to hear what RD has to say before forming an opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dawkins, Rowling, Sunak et al on Trans Issue and Women's Rights. Nishant Xavier 63 2826 July 15, 2023 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2067 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dawkins loses humanist title Foxaèr 165 5817 June 6, 2021 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Richard Dawkins interviews Saudi Arabian atheist Rana Ahmad AniKoferBo 2 787 July 22, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4640 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 1901 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ricky Gervais won Dawkins award this year Fake Messiah 13 2246 September 6, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Dawkins writing kid's version of "The God Delusion" - you mad bro? Foxaèr 35 5485 August 2, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Geoff Robson has a hardon for Dawkins Foxaèr 7 1667 May 10, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 12705 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus