Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crocodilemma
The Crocodilemma
Named after AFA forum member, Crocodile, who is quick to ask it of theists, the Crocodilemma is simple and goes like this:

If you received an instruction from your deity, every bit as convincing as the revelations that helped convince you of the existence of your deity, telling you to kill me, how would you act?

Theists, I look forward to your responses.
RE: The Crocodilemma
1st, I'd ask identification since I don't think my mind would be capable of comprehending God in person.
2nd, I'd be curious as to why God would ask me to kill someone knowing that I wouldn't.
3rd, I'd have to find out why something or someone would want you dead...
(December 3, 2012 at 4:10 am)catfish Wrote: 1st, I'd ask identification since I don't think my mind would be capable of comprehending God in person.
2nd, I'd be curious as to why God would ask me to kill someone knowing that I wouldn't.
3rd, I'd have to find out why something or someone would want you dead...

I think he's asking this of people who claim to experience personal revelations, and use this as evidence for a god's existence. If you're saying that you don't have them, because you are "incapable of comprehending God in person," then the question isn't really suitable for you.

Z
I'm always in search for faith-free spaces. Let's make them, enlarge them, and enjoy them!
Bertrand Russell quotes!
Americans United for the Separation of Church and State -- if you haven't joined their Facebook page, do so by all means.
We all know that they'd kill you, because convincing deity voices in your head = mental illness. Those not quite mentally ill enough to take the instructions as seriously, might call it a "test".
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

I'm likely to kill you without receiving such instruction.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]