Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bringing the word of Magic Man to all heathens
Bringing the word of Magic Man to all heathens
Hey guys, cool forum Smile

Little about me:

I'm Mark, i'm from New Zealand. 19 years old.

I'm a: Secular, Liberal, Humanist, Athiest, Skeptic, Musician, Physicalist and recreational life-liver.

I was an Athiest for many years, and have recently upgraded my status to Anti-Theist Smile

I started life in a non christian home believing in God and Jesus and all that, my parents never bought it up, they knew i'd figure out it was all crap eventually.

My awakening happened very young, about the age of 6 i wondered why people bought this shit at all, it had something to do with Bible classes in primary school which first introduced me to all the bullshit in the bible, specifically Noah's Ark.

From as young as i can remember i was an Egyptoholic, loved their myths and legends and cultures, used to read books on the gods all the time, i was also into Zeus and co, King Arthur and the little engine that could.

I couldn't tell the difference between all these gods at the time, i decided i was going to be on Ra's Team, cause he was so much cooler than Yahweh, and i could actually see what he was up to, pulling the sun around the earth and what not. I decided to tell my bible studies teacher that i believed in Ra to which they (Elderly couple who came in to school specially to teach the class) rebutted with all sorts of nonsense about how it was all crap but for some reason their chosen myth wasn't.

After that point i wasn't too sure about anything, but still knew Ra was cooler. My faith in Jew-Zombie who magically got his own mum pregnant was gone.

When i was 8-9 i remember being in bible class one day (it was mandatory) and we were given these workbooks to fill out. I was well past the point of return by then, i couldn't stomach the bullshit anymore, i filled in this entire 40-odd page book with nothing but "Jesus is gay", "God is a homo", "Bible sucks" etc. Some little Christian bitch in class told on me and i was removed from the class by the teacher and she dragged me off to the Principal's office. When i got there he was basically on my side, i remember the look on the crack-whores face when i didn't even have to apologise and got out of bible-class forever.

Forward 10 years, i watched the athiest experience on youtube and that got me hooked on Athiesm/Skepticism/Anti-Theism, mostly because:

1) People believing stupid things is funny
2) Mocking their beliefs is even funnier.

And this doesn't stop at Religion, i also hate:

Astrology, Homeopathy, Psychics, People who meditate, Qualia, What the bleep to we know, hippies, the word "Metaphysics", people who talk about souls or spirits and anything associated with this completely fucking absurd imaginary dimension in which people place all their self-worth.

I've been hooked on the awesomeness that is Quantum Mechanics for quite some time now, recently got into Biology, Chemistry, Philosophy etc.

Big fan of Hitchens - Sums up the religions mentality and it's implications better than anyone while being fucking hilarious at the same time. Matt Dillahunty is also awesome.

I'm studying Network engineering at the moment (of the computer variety)

Nice to meet everyone, see you around the forums!
RE: Bringing the word of Magic Man to all heathens
Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Welcome to the forums.
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
Welcome to the forum mate Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your time here Big Grin
Welcome to the forum,

May you win the battle against that horribly addicting substance, Egyptohol.

Rhizo
Welcome to the forums VOID, good intro.

I also liked how you mentioned one of the things you didn't believe in is 'qualia', hehe Tongue - a probably more obscure skepticism that I also happen to agree with Tongue

EvF
Howdy, Mark.
(August 12, 2009 at 11:03 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Welcome to the forums VOID, good intro.

I also liked how you mentioned one of the things you didn't believe in is 'qualia', hehe Tongue - a probably more obscure skepticism that I also happen to agree with Tongue

EvF

It's the dumbest concept i've ever heard.

Philosophers in general should not be allowed opinions, they make up imaginary realms to explain shit!
Lol.

Well indeed qualia in itself, I also know of no evidence of. Where is it? lol. Where in the brain? There's no reason to believe it's not just the workings of the brain generating a belief and feelings, there's no reason to believe there's anything 'special' there - such an extra layer, such an addition; isn't needed, it's gratuitous.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello my Godless Heathens Anarchy811 27 2092 August 28, 2020 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Word! seandiggy 16 1642 October 22, 2017 at 5:16 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2098 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello Heathens Crunchy 20 2532 January 18, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hi fellow heathens! thefemaleatheist 23 4523 March 20, 2015 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  The Magic Museum | Available Now On Amazon themagicmuseum 2 874 September 20, 2014 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Bringing a bit of fun to the forum! AtheistUnicorn 22 2548 January 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Hello my fellow heathens! Crulax 10 3041 December 25, 2013 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Hello heathens Mgr 3 867 December 24, 2013 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Greetings Hellbound Heathens... YahwehIsTheWay 56 22794 March 13, 2012 at 9:11 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko