Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did God do Satan’s bidding?

Christians are too religious to follow their moral sense and spiritual natures. Religion is directing your morals instead of your God given intelligence, moral sense and spiritual nature. I urge you to follow the teachings of spiritual teachers like Bishop Spong. A moral man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AfFcAmx-...ure=relmfu

Galileo -- "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

Job 2; 3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Fellow believers and Gnostic Christians like me; if you are a literalist or fundamental Christian or idol worship the God you have found in the Bible, I urge you to think of the story of Job and note from the wording that God is being manipulated by Satan. Satan bid God to move against Job without just cause and God did just that. God let Satan manipulate him.

I know that your mind set is to think that God is controlling Satan but as the wording and God’s actions clearly shows, this is not so. Satan ruled God that day.

Psa 5: 5 For Thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness; evil shall not sojourn with Thee. 6 The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight; Thou hatest all workers of iniquity. 4 For you are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not dwell with you.

As Job 2;3 shows, evil definitely dwells in God and definitely sojourn.

Some of you will say that regardless of the immorality of God’s actions, you can ignore them as you have a new covenant with Jesus. I see this as a cop out on your part. Jesus was not born divine. He had to become divine as we all must according to scriptures. These say he was a Rabbi only and had to force his apotheosis the way we all must through seeking God.

Job 25; 4 How then can man be just with God? Or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
Hebrew 5; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

If a man did what God did to Job, Christians would soundly condemn that man yet you elevate God for doing the same immoral actions. You do so because your fear death and crave heaven but your poor moral position insures that hell will be your end result as immoral souls do not earn heaven. Let evil be in your heart as God does but remember that recognizing it is what is important. Not the fact that it is there.

Do you realize that your morality has been compromised by religion and that you are not following the law of God that is written on your heart?
You are giving God a pass when you should be giving him a fail, ---- just as you would give an evil man?

Let your spiritual nature guide you. Not a corrupted religion.

Regards
DL
RE: Why did God do Satan’s bidding?
Why did gandalf fell for that long with the balrog? Why did goku fought frieza for a shitload of episodes? You should start looking at reality my friend.

Well, there are as many interpretations of the events in the story of Job as there are readers of it. A few things to keep in mind, though. First off, Job is a very strange book. It is unusual in content compared to the rest of the Judaic literature (alongside such other oddball greats as Ecclesiastes and Psalms). So it would be unwise to draw general conclusions from this somewhat atypical book. Second, the book of Job is by many considered to be one of the oldest stories in the Old Testament, and may not even have been Jewish or Hebrew in origin. Yet another reason not to cast your net too wide. Third, it must be borne in mind that in pre-Maccabees Judaism, Satan wasn't the powerful foe of God and tempter of men that he would later become in late Rabbinic and Christian thought. At the time, Satan's figure was basically that of an angel, essentially no different from any other angel. (Anyone who has studied the development of the concept of angels in Judaism and Christianity will recognize that angels, generally speaking, each had their own dominion, their own area of responsibility, tasked by God, for which they were uniquely suited. Apparently, at this time, Satan's job involved some meetin' and greetin' of the plain folk on Terra Firma.)

So what do we have after clearing away the most obvious debris? Not sure, but it's not important enough for me to be arsed to think about it any more deeply.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 5, 2012 at 5:49 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: I know that your mind set is to think that God is controlling Satan but as the wording and God’s actions clearly shows, this is not so. Satan ruled God that day.
Satan had to ask permission of God to touch anything of Job's. God also told him "on the man himself do not lay a finger" and Satan could not. If God demonstrates the perseverance of a believer and then shows His hand in blessing Job afterward, to be written down in the most read book in existence, who manipulated who? God got what he wanted out of the encounter, and Satan was made to look like a fool, unable to even compel Job to doubt God when given every earthly power. The story is one of the triumph of spiritual truth over earthly influence. God loved Job not to give him more than he could handle, and Job came out the other side a better man. At some point, a parent has to send their kid to school--knowing he will get picked on, yet aware of the good that will come of it. I'm sure Job would be proud to hear that the story of his life reached an atheist forum thousands of years later.
(December 6, 2012 at 2:26 am)Undeceived Wrote:
(December 5, 2012 at 5:49 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: I know that your mind set is to think that God is controlling Satan but as the wording and God’s actions clearly shows, this is not so. Satan ruled God that day.
Satan had to ask permission of God to touch anything of Job's. God also told him "on the man himself do not lay a finger" and Satan could not. If God demonstrates the perseverance of a believer and then shows His hand in blessing Job afterward, to be written down in the most read book in existence, who manipulated who? God got what he wanted out of the encounter, and Satan was made to look like a fool, unable to even compel Job to doubt God when given every earthly power. The story is one of the triumph of spiritual truth over earthly influence. God loved Job not to give him more than he could handle, and Job came out the other side a better man. At some point, a parent has to send their kid to school--knowing he will get picked on, yet aware of the good that will come of it. I'm sure Job would be proud to hear that the story of his life reached an atheist forum thousands of years later.

The fact that Jobs kids got murdered in the process is entirely beside the point.

Isn't it.......
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(December 6, 2012 at 2:26 am)Undeceived Wrote:

The bible does show his giving Satan the power to deceive the whole world. Strange that that power failed with Job. So much for God's power.

You are right that Job came out ok in the end but does that justify God or Satan killing all those others who definitely did not come out ok?

You say that God controlled Satan yet this shows the reverse.
"although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause."

Do you think it moral to kill or punish someone without cause?

Regards
DL
(December 5, 2012 at 5:49 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Why did God do Satan’s bidding?
Because in the end it served God to do so.

Quote:Christians are too religious to follow their moral sense and spiritual natures. Religion is directing your morals instead of your God given intelligence, moral sense and spiritual nature. I urge you to follow the teachings of spiritual teachers like Bishop Spong. A moral man.
If morality is an ever changing standard, then for those who follow their morals are doing what exactly? They are turning themselves over to the cultures sense of right and wrong. Which is fine and good if the culture by the measure of whatever is currently in vogue. but what if the culture is into killing Jews? then what? Do you not think that inorder to have a whole soceity turn and try and kill a whole race of people that their 'morality' had to change first?

Again without any absolutes, following one's 'moral sense or spiritual natures" is the same as "Just following Orders." Because our morality is defined by our cultures.

Quote:Galileo -- "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
Reason and intellects are nothing more than tools. Like any tool they can be used in a constructive manner or a destructive manner. Let's say you have a hammer and with that Hammer you built a home for your family. Now what if someone took the exact same hammer and tore that Home down? It is the Hammer responsiable for how it was used? Is it the fault of the Hammer that your home was destroyed?

In turn our intelects and ablity to reason is subject to our will. God is not asking you to suspend anything. Matter of fact He is asking that we take the tools He has lent us and build a strong relationship with him.

Quote:Job 2; 3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Fellow believers and Gnostic Christians like me; if you are a literalist or fundamental Christian or idol worship the God you have found in the Bible, I urge you to think of the story of Job and note from the wording that God is being manipulated by Satan. Satan bid God to move against Job without just cause and God did just that. God let Satan manipulate him.
..Or was God manipulating satan? Let look at the WHOLE Passage. start by reading Chapter 1 where God introduces Job to Satan.
If not for this introduction Satan would have not 'considered Job'

Quote:I know that your mind set is to think that God is controlling Satan but as the wording and God’s actions clearly shows, this is not so. Satan ruled God that day.
Big Grin only if you look at the passages you have provided and ignore everything else written.

Quote:Psa 5: 5 For Thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness; evil shall not sojourn with Thee. 6 The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight; Thou hatest all workers of iniquity. 4 For you are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not dwell with you.

As Job 2;3 shows, evil definitely dwells in God and definitely sojourn.
two things. One you do know the difference between a Psalm (lymeric of Praise/Hymm) and a Doctrinal book correct? Also what Translation did you quote Job 2:3 from? I look at a few different version and did not find anything like what you posted.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...rsion=NKJV
Quote:Some of you will say that regardless of the immorality of God’s actions, you can ignore them as you have a new covenant with Jesus. I see this as a cop out on your part. Jesus was not born divine. He had to become divine as we all must according to scriptures. These say he was a Rabbi only and had to force his apotheosis the way we all must through seeking God.
Before anyone says anything else first we need to confirm what you said is actually true.

Job 25; 4 How then can man be just with God? Or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
Hebrew 5; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Quote:If a man did what God did to Job, Christians would soundly condemn that man yet you elevate God for doing the same immoral actions.
Why? Because we see other men as equals, and in your arguement here you are trying to bring God down as an equal. Understand He is not your 'equal' and how or what you judge another man by, does not apply to God.

Quote:You do so because your fear death and crave heaven but your poor moral position insures that hell will be your end result as immoral souls do not earn heaven. Let evil be in your heart as God does but remember that recognizing it is what is important. Not the fact that it is there.
If you want to point out things like that i could say you fear judgement, and have tried to kill God off in your mind so you can live this life however you see fit.

Quote:Do you realize that your morality has been compromised by religion and that you are not following the law of God that is written on your heart?
Thank God for that!

Quote:You are giving God a pass when you should be giving him a fail, ---- just as you would give an evil man?
Big Grineven if you had the authority to judge God, then what? Would YOU try and send God to Hell?
Yeah, good luck with that.

Quote:Let your spiritual nature guide you. Not a corrupted religion.
Big Grin Just like they did in Hilter's Germany, Or Stallin's russia, or Moa's China, Or Kim Jong il's or Kim Il sung's North Korea! Good advice.

Regards
Drich
Quote:Hilter's Germany

[Image: hitleratchurch.jpg]

Picture offered without any need for comment.
(December 6, 2012 at 3:17 pm)Kirbmarc Wrote:
Quote:Hilter's Germany

[Image: hitleratchurch.jpg]

Picture offered without any need for comment.

we've went over this pic before.

Before July 1941 Hitler was a strong supporter of God (and NOT of the Church.)

But after July 1 1941 a letter was issued to all top Nazi officals that they would have to denounce God and swear aliegance to hitler first.
http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/koehler.htm

The only reason one would not 'need to comment on this pic" is because that person was ignorant of history OR He wishes others were.
(December 6, 2012 at 3:51 am)Zen Badger Wrote: The fact that Jobs kids got murdered in the process is entirely beside the point.

Isn't it.......
God gave him new ones, so it's all a wash....I'm sure. Dues ex machina. /sarcasm.

The especially hilarious bit about this narrative, imo....is that Job doesn't lose his faith, he just attributes all the nasty shit to god essentially douching him (which -is- what happens in the narrative). Had Job lost his faith it would have been a little more understandable...but just rolling over shows how willing to accept douche-god the character of Job was in the mind of the author. Or, more compellingly, how willing to accept douche-god the author himself seems to have been. Guess douche-god is a pretty common theme going at least as far back as the story of Job.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helping Satan LinuxGal 10 1582 April 1, 2023 at 5:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3134 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12979 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7848 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Satan's Spy System = SSS Ferrocyanide 5 863 January 13, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 18574 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1352 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1753 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5802 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8462 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda