Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even conservatives agree: Fox News makes you stupid
Even conservatives agree: Fox News makes you stupid
I love this article so much.

http://news.yahoo.com/intelligence-insti...22242.html

In short, researchers at the Intelligence Institute, a conservative group found that Fox News viewers who identify as conservative have an average IQ of about 80; keep in mind the national average is 100.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Even conservatives agree: Fox News makes you stupid
Funny stuff. At least one site that calls itself "progressive" and "liberal" (OpEdNews) researched it and decided it is a hoax, however. I tend to agree with that assessment.
Serious, but not entirely serious.
It reminds me of a similar study a few years back that showed that Fox News viewers were less informed than those of other news media. As obvious as that result was, I remember remarking at the time how it was quite an achievement, being so bad that watching it actually sucks information from your brain.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm)Stimbo Wrote: It reminds me of a similar study a few years back that showed that Fox News viewers were less informed than those of other news media. As obvious as that result was, I remember remarking at the time how it was quite an achievement, being so bad that watching it actually sucks information from your brain.

I think it's more than that. I think the modern incarnation of the Republican party actually encourages stupidity. You see it when Todd Akins opened his mouth and started talking about rape. You see it every time they attack someone (usually an opposing candidate) for being an intellectual elitist. You see it when they specifically deny the facts in support of evolution or climate change. You heard it when Santorum called Obama a 'snob' for wanting kids to go to college and you saw it when the Texas Republican party adopted a platform that discourages critical thinking. And you get to see the results of this when you see grosly mispelled signs at Tea Party rallies, or a lack of informtion on basic facts from elected officials and just general stupid behavior.

Seriously, I really hope the Republican party turns into something reasonable. I don't know that I'd agree with whatever they turn into, but it would be nice if I could at least respect them and have some kind of understanding of what they want or where they're coming from.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1444 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5951 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8813 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Asshole conservatives. Jehanne 3 398 July 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 570 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Kamala Harris makes history Foxaèr 5 498 August 21, 2020 at 10:31 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Stupid Capitalist Tricks The Architect Of Fate 27 1975 July 7, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  what I Find Really Stupid Rhondazvous 24 1786 April 13, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  A Stupid Statements About Single Payer Healthcare Amarok 43 6792 December 1, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why Do Republicans/Conservatives Bend Over Backwards for Companies? Jade-Green Stone 14 1413 November 28, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist