Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if God loves Atheists?
What if God loves Atheists?
This is a question for the Theists who frequent this forum. Let hypothesize that God exists, and that heaven and hell exists. Lets also assume that God created man with intellect and reasoning, and also created the bible. If this is all true, God couldn't possibly want man to believe such a ridiculous and inconsistent book. Nor could he want man to forgo his reasoning skills, and ignore the total lack of evidence that he left for himself.

The only conclusion is that God loves Atheists and there is a special place in heaven for us, while you believers will roast in the fires of hell. With that said, why take the risk of believing in God, when there is a chance that it will condemn you to the eternal pits of hell? Better play it safe and be and Atheist, so you can (possibly) spend eternity in heaven.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: What if God loves Atheists?
This is why I don't fear god. He'd be more reasonable than me.
You saw that atheist web comic, didn't you?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
We'd better make a point of not saying a prayer for our friends who believe. They're fucked! XD
The concept seems no more bizarre than the standard view. Big Grin
(December 11, 2012 at 1:16 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: This is a question for the Theists who frequent this forum. Let hypothesize that God exists, and that heaven and hell exists. Lets also assume that God created man with intellect and reasoning, and also created the bible. If this is all true, God couldn't possibly want man to believe such a ridiculous and inconsistent book. Nor could he want man to forgo his reasoning skills, and ignore the total lack of evidence that he left for himself.

The only conclusion is that God loves Atheists and there is a special place in heaven for us, while you believers will roast in the fires of hell. With that said, why take the risk of believing in God, when there is a chance that it will condemn you to the eternal pits of hell? Better play it safe and be and Atheist, so you can (possibly) spend eternity in heaven.

Check your premises. They do not support the conclusion you've arrived at. You've accepted the following as fact: God exists, heaven and hell exist, god created man with intellect and reason and god created the bible. What your are assuming - something that has led you to your wrong conclusions - is that god himself would be a rational entity.

If god exists, then logic and reason are not the principles governing this universe and natural laws exist only so far he allows them to. Not being bound by reason and logic, there is no reason to assume god is rational himself. In fact, given that he created man with reasoning skills and intellect and also created the bible - which any man with reasoning skills and intellect would throw in the trash, it'd seem he certainly does want you to forgo those qualities.

Maybe it is your rationality and your intellect that are to your detriment. Maybe what he really wants is for you to overcome them - negate them - and believe in the bible anyway. And if you fail, you go to hell. Now that sounds like the god of bible.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding

6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
I have long thought that, if there was a God who values intelligence and rationality enough to give us those gifts, he would not set up the rules to make it criminal to ever use either one. Not to mention, the orgasm. ; )

Occam's razor would suggest that the reason Christianity takes a dim view of independent thought is because independent thought goes against every tenet of the religion. A person who spends time trying to understand the world around them is wasting time better spent on prayer and devotion.
Apologists will likely argue that this is not what the bible says (i.e. Romans 10:9, the gospels, etc). So, they will say, this story is not possible because it contradicts what the bible says. Of course, the next question is, why should we take the bible as authoritative on ANY subject?
[Image: AtheistForumsSig.jpg]
What if we apply a literal interpretation to ezekial 23?
What if god was one of us?
What if god was everywhere? (kinky bastard)
What if god was an atheist, after all he can do anything right? What about becoming an atheist?

What if I got some sleep? (air con is broken Sad)
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But God loves us. ignoramus 23 1610 May 29, 2021 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19342 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 10992 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  God Loves You! (/Sarcasm) StealthySkeptic 12 2437 July 23, 2014 at 12:40 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  God Loves Me, Too My imaginary friend is GOD 105 24048 April 9, 2013 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: John V