Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis can make patients 'less bothered by pain'
Cannabis can make patients 'less bothered by pain'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20810603
RE: Cannabis can make patients 'less bothered by pain'
I could have told you that it didn't kill pain. It didn't do much at all when I had crazy toothache, it simply put me in a state of mind where I could bear it. Tongue

Of course, an actual study is better than just taking my word for it.
Cunt
id take your word over some schmucky Oxford paper.
I could use some for my side and my head. Uuuugh.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I smoked it for ages mainly just because everyone around me smoked and i wanted to experiment for a while in my late teens with lots of drugs. Never once has it effected my pain, in fact smoking weed never did anything to me except make me feel tired and paranoid and id find stupid things funny and laugh at anything.
Its such a boring pointless drug in my opinion, ive heard a lot of people talk about it being a good drug with some good side effects but every single person ive ever smoked with in my life or any person who has been smoking it near me has had the same effects as i felt, they just get blood shot sore eyes, feel tired and paranoid. At a party even the biggest fattest party animals become drowsy and paranoid and want to go home after smoking it from my experience.
But contrarywise to all this ive heard it does help ease the symptoms of kemotherapy however you spell it, wether this is true or not i dont know because ive never had kemotherapy.
The drugs that did effect my pain a hell of a lot were painkillers logically. When i had a wisdom tooth i was on such strong painkillers it would actually take me 3 hours to masterbate because i just had no feeling down there, and i would have the wierdest dreams.
After reading this report all i can conclude is that it makes me a bit angry that doctors are using valuble research money and time on getting people stoned then rubbing chilli on their leg to see if it hurts, it sounds to me like they are having a laugh and a joke around at the expense of whoevers paying their wages. "they still felt the pain but felt less bothered by the pain" thats such an unscientific unmeasurable result.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 9, 2013 at 10:05 am)paulpablo Wrote: I smoked it for ages mainly just because everyone around me smoked and i wanted to experiment for a while in my late teens with lots of drugs. Never once has it effected my pain, in fact smoking weed never did anything to me except make me feel tired and paranoid and id find stupid things funny and laugh at anything.
Its such a boring pointless drug in my opinion, ive heard a lot of people talk about it being a good drug with some good side effects but every single person ive ever smoked with in my life or any person who has been smoking it near me has had the same effects as i felt, they just get blood shot sore eyes, feel tired and paranoid. At a party even the biggest fattest party animals become drowsy and paranoid and want to go home after smoking it from my experience.

Man, I smoke weed all the time and I have never felt paranoid. Everything just seems better after a joint, so I have had no reason to be paranoid.
Sore eyes? Never had that either... methinks you just had shit weed, man. Tongue
Cunt
Quote:Man, I smoke weed all the time and I have never felt paranoid. Everything just seems better after a joint, so I have had no reason to be paranoid.
Sore eyes? Never had that either... methinks you just had shit weed, man. Tongue

I smoked it for about 5 years or so as a student a little bit after, and smoked various different types as i said i never smoked weed with anyone who didnt just get blood shot eyes and feel tired ever, not once. So people can say what they like about the effects and how they feel good and more awake and better after a joint i just tend to not believe them as harsh and ignorant as that sounds, ive never heard nor can imagine hearing anyone saying anything like "im so tired right now i just need a joint as a bit of a booster right now"

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

A bottle of scotch would kill the pain better, it's just easier to stay high all the time. Sometimes I feel that people get a little carried away with all the things they say that weed will help. I guess if I had a medical condition that needed me to eat a lot of food and watch cartoons weed would be pretty good.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Quote:I smoked it for about 5 years or so as a student a little bit after, and smoked various different types as i said i never smoked weed with anyone who didnt just get blood shot eyes and feel tired ever, not once. So people can say what they like about the effects and how they feel good and more awake and better after a joint i just tend to not believe them as harsh and ignorant as that sounds, ive never heard nor can imagine hearing anyone saying anything like "im so tired right now i just need a joint as a bit of a booster right now"

I'm not arguing about the feeling drowsy part, it can have that effect, but I try my best to fight it if I am tired, because that would waste the high. Wink
Also, your eyes being blood shot, who cares? I was talking about you saying "sore eyes", not the blood shot part.

Anyway, it doesn't make me feel more awake, but it certainly makes me feel better. If you don't believe me about that then I don't really give a fuck what you think. People wouldn't take it if it didn't make things better.
Cunt
it just knocks me out. Or if i mix it with cocaine, freaks me out for a few days!! not good!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do fish feel pain? FlatAssembler 49 1264 April 11, 2024 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Does rice milk or milk from grain-fed cows emit less methane? FlatAssembler 66 4636 April 18, 2023 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  COVID cure for MS patients. WinterHold 10 959 January 18, 2021 at 2:12 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  What less than desirable traits promote survival? Athena 34 4004 June 23, 2019 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pain killers vorlon13 17 3141 November 12, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: brewer
  Goddamned Lower back pain ErGingerbreadMandude 25 3503 February 6, 2017 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The evolution of pain. ignoramus 45 3827 July 11, 2016 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Complidudaaldo
  Can emphetamines make you go crazy? paulpablo 4 1381 February 6, 2014 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Doctors Drop Unvaccinated Patients thesummerqueen 15 3212 March 2, 2012 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  People with Asperger's less likely to see purpose behind the events in their lives Justtristo 23 8662 January 10, 2011 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet