Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best photo editing software
Question 
Best photo editing software
Happy New Year all.

My old computer has recently popped a motherboard and I'm currently in the process of getting a new one, I've been temporarily using a sister's computer for the time being.

I've no photo editing software with this one. My old computer used to have PhotoImpact 12, I had gotten used to its tools and brush effects, while not perfect, it certainly did the job. Unfortanetly its been discontinued, and these newer crappy operating systems like Windows 7/8 have little to no support for it anyway.

My sisters are using FireAlpaca and Paint.NET, and I'm sorta dismayed at the lack of tools available compared to what I used to have. I liked my brush effects. I enjoyed being able to lighten and darken parts of an image or photo with relative ease, adding emphasis to specific details when required or asked of me.

Because I'm behind with the times and research on the public domain is giving me contradictory information I have to ask - What is the best photo/image editing software out there?
RE: Best photo editing software
Photoshop. Gimp (free). Pixelmator (Mac only). Acorn (Mac only).
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(January 1, 2013 at 2:28 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Gimp (free)
This unless you just want to spend money on something.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
photoshop CS2 free!!!!!! right from adobe!
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html
^ I was just about to say this. CS2 has most of the functions of the latest programs and it's free, straight from the source!
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Virtualization Software - VirtualBox vs QEMU FlatAssembler 2 980 September 29, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Antivirus Software FlatAssembler 15 1149 February 15, 2019 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Digital image post processing: Question on adding data to a photo popeyespappy 11 2917 June 30, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  photo hosting sites? Oldandeasilyconfused 3 1449 August 24, 2012 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Angrboda