Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SINtro
SINtro
Hello all,
I am an atheist residing in Massachusetts (US). I stopped believing in God shortly after finding out that, well, I could. I sort of thought everyone had an interpretation of a force we know exists, then once I realized religion is a matter of faith I gave up on the idea all together. I was about 12 - 13 years old.
I am also mentally ill, currently my only diagnosis is psychosis but I did not have my psychotic episode until age 21 and I definitely had problems before. There are a couple occasional voices in my head leftover from my crazy time, but now I am significantly more stable than i have ever been in my life and the medication does not negatively affect me in any significant way. My only issue now is I am a college dropout living on SSI and foodstamps, however I'm not too bothered by it.
I joined the forum because it seems interesting. Expect to see me in the science sections a lot.
RE: SINtro
Hello there.
(January 2, 2013 at 4:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hello there.

Yo Tongue
Howdy!
Cunt
Welcome!

We're all a little psychotic here.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Thanks for the welcomes

Quote:We're all a little psychotic here.

Perfect!
Hi from the UK!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You actually have psychosis but I guarantee you are far from the nuttiest person here (no offence btw).

Welcome aboard.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Glad to have you here! Now that you realized the secret, you're doing better than ever, dude! Keep believing (or not)!
Therefore, Aliens.