Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 9:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions
Introductions
Hey, thought I would say hello, been poking around for a while reading and figured I could join in.

My name is Avicenna and hinduism is the religion I don't believe in. Oh and I am from the UK.

I am also an atheist involved in charity work, I am on clinical rotations in India providing healthcare for free.
What difference does it make to be an atheist of 999,999 gods rather than a 1,000,000?

A Million Gods
RE: Introductions
Welcome enjoy your stay here.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome!
You're an atheist who doesn't believe in hinduism?... Talk about reenforcing a position!! Wink
Ummm Hinduism has many gods pocaracas. I think you may be confusing it with say Buddhism??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I thought an atheist was someone who simply didn't believe in any god... not just a few.
(January 4, 2013 at 10:31 am)pocaracas Wrote: I thought an atheist was someone who simply didn't believe in any god... not just a few.

This is true.

I was referring to Hinduism Big Grin
Howdy!
Cunt
(January 4, 2013 at 9:38 am)Avicenna Wrote: My name is Avicenna and hinduism is the religion I don't believe in.

You don't believe in other religions also, right?

Welcome.
I figured it was a tongue in cheek way to point out that I am an ex-hindu. It's like the old Irish joke... I don't care if you are an atheist, what I worry about is whether you are a Protestant Atheist or a Catholic one.
What difference does it make to be an atheist of 999,999 gods rather than a 1,000,000?

A Million Gods
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introductions Asmodee 21 2556 November 23, 2014 at 4:57 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  I'm not good at introductions, or naming threads, for that matter. ReGen 40 5642 July 31, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Video Introductions (from the crapper) Mudhammam 17 2947 March 27, 2014 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Introductions and such :) lordxenu 22 4065 April 25, 2013 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Introductions FemmeRealism 11 3329 November 9, 2012 at 6:32 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The usual introductions Grazer501 44 13322 September 14, 2012 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Introductions Dumac Dwarfking 10 4476 September 8, 2012 at 9:21 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Wink Introductions picto90 11 3859 February 29, 2012 at 9:38 am
Last Post: picto90