Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking a refuge...
Seeking a refuge...
with a few like minded people who also enjoy reason and spirited debate.

My name is Jesse, I was raised southern babtist in rural Mississippi but knew from an early age that religion wasn't my schtick. I joined the military to escape the area and have since dedicated a large portion of my free time to educating myself in all fields. I am currently attending ISU and majoring in computer science, with a minor in paleontology. I work as a paleontologist at the IMNH as a research associate and also teach paleo classes to both adults and children. I love science and enjoy sharing my knowledge with those who want to learn!

Anyway, hello, and I am looking forward to some great discussions and camaraderie!
RE: Seeking a refuge...
(January 5, 2013 at 4:00 am)PaleoHuntr Wrote: with a few like minded people who also enjoy reason and spirited debate.

My name is Jesse, I was raised southern babtist in rural Mississippi but knew from an early age that religion wasn't my schtick. I joined the military to escape the area and have since dedicated a large portion of my free time to educating myself in all fields. I am currently attending ISU and majoring in computer science, with a minor in paleontology. I work as a paleontologist at the IMNH as a research associate and also teach paleo classes to both adults and children. I love science and enjoy sharing my knowledge with those who want to learn!

Anyway, hello, and I am looking forward to some great discussions and camaraderie!

Hi from Perth WA, you should fit in well here. Just mind the jesus dust our pet theists spray about. It sticks to your shoes and is bloody hard to get out of the carpet.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome Jessse
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome
Quote:I work as a paleontologist at the IMNH as a research associate and also teach paleo classes to both adults and children. I love science and enjoy sharing my knowledge with those who want to learn!

Count me in! Big Grin

Have you met Min yet?? I think you tow would have a lot in common
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking solace in a mad world Quixotic 25 1941 October 21, 2016 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheist Dad Seeking Answers Mxwll 41 8043 November 1, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  I come here seeking sanity True Unbeliever 8 3239 January 19, 2009 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet