Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hail.
Hail.
Hello. My name is Surtr. You may be wondering what a Jötunn like me is doing in an Atheist forum. The answer is simple; I have found solace in settling down and watching the progress of humans since Ragnarok, ridding myself of my universe-killing. I intend to help humans release the shackles of religion and reach their full potential before I slaughter them once again.

All jokes aside, I'm an atheist with Nordic roots that fueled my obvious obsession with Norse mythology. I've thought this way since my teenage years, as my parents never had any sort of an opinion on the subject. I've given chance to both sides of the argument and I can say that atheism has truly prevailed.
I march against the Asagods
To bring the end of time.
I am pure and endless pain
And Surtr is my name.

See me rise, the mighty Surt,
Destroyer of the universe.
Bringer of flames and endless hurt
Scorcher of men and Earth.
RE: Hail.
Odin was cooler than jesus and Valhalla beats the shit out of "heaven."

Welcome.
Only Mighty Thor can save us.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Sounds pretty badass, buddy. I'm of primarily Scandinavian heritage, but I'm far from that awesome.

I make up for it by winning awards nobody else is capable of winning. Welcome Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Do you even lift?
(January 8, 2013 at 12:35 am)Minimalist Wrote: Odin was cooler than jesus and Valhalla beats the shit out of "heaven."

Welcome.

Remember that Odin was swallowed whole by Fenrir before he could even fight. I suppose that is still a much more honorable death than being nailed to a cross. Thor told me he did it to fuck around with the Christians, but I think he was pretty wasted when he said it.
I march against the Asagods
To bring the end of time.
I am pure and endless pain
And Surtr is my name.

See me rise, the mighty Surt,
Destroyer of the universe.
Bringer of flames and endless hurt
Scorcher of men and Earth.
(January 8, 2013 at 12:51 am)Surtr Wrote: Remember that Odin was swallowed whole by Fenrir before he could even fight. I suppose that is still a much more honorable death than being nailed to a cross. Thor told me he did it to fuck around with the Christians, but I think he was pretty wasted HAMMERED when he said it.

Fixed that up for you, a rare privilege of mine Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^

Norse mythology is fun!
(And I can't wait for Marvel to reenact when Thor and Loki dress up as women to get Mjölnir back Big Grin)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome Surtr
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hail Effusional 18 1673 January 17, 2016 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Hail to you AF Sliksoni 10 1877 November 17, 2011 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Napoléon