Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics and students
Politics and students
It is thought that the students should keep themselves away from politics but they must be allowed to understand their problems to others and they must have right to solve their problems with right way so in this manner they should enter in the politics. They have nothing to do with the usual politics concepts but to pay their attention completely to their spiritual, intellectual and physical growth.
RE: Politics and students
(January 10, 2013 at 5:49 am)Terry Wrote: It is thought that the students should keep themselves away from politics but they must be allowed to understand their problems to others and they must have right to solve their problems with right way so in this manner they should enter in the politics. They have nothing to do with the usual politics concepts but to pay their attention completely to their spiritual, intellectual and physical growth.

Wut?

I'm sorry if English isn't your first language (in which case, good try!), but I don't understand.

I'm a PhD student in 'political science' and have studied at university level in business, economics and political science for the best part of a decade, so I disagree 100% with the idea that people should be 'kept away from politics' (?).

If anything, people need to learn more about politics to stop the growing apathy towards it in most liberal western democracies (and elsewhere, where political freedoms are granted).

If you're ignorant to politics, even the most basic concepts such as how you state's parliamentary and legilsative systems work, then if a tyran gets into power, you've got no one to blame but yourself.

Society needs to take heed of the structures that govern it, and how they as active political agents can use their power to influence said structures.

I also object to the use of 'spiritual' in relation to politics. Whilst some may have some spiritual gain from their involvement in whatever political strcutures they choose to involve themselves in, I see no reason to relate the two on a meaningful (legilsative, educational, social and societal) level.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: Politics and students
Students should embrace the world so they can join it, not be huddled away so that they can't cope or understand what's happening in their world when they graduate. Especially since some legislation (like regarding student loans) will affect them.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of gender/breadwinners/ and politics. Brian37 0 392 January 21, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What are the major challenges faced by the students of present generation? Jennie M. Marble 9 812 May 19, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dumping friends over politics or religion J a c k 115 11195 February 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Thal
  Politics forum. paulpablo 8 620 April 19, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: c172