Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genuine advice for BGChuckLee
Genuine advice for BGChuckLee
You have not activated your PM. Otherwise I would not have started this thread.

Ok, I have said it a couple of times, but since threads can get long people do not always read every post. This is serious advice, outside any issues on this board. This is strictly coming from a life perspective from one human to another.

You are young. You are also full of idealism energy and hormones. That is in all youth and without positive ways to expend that energy, you can needlessly set your self up for disappointment. I know I did that myself. I wanted everyone to like me. I threw myself at girls who wanted nothing to do with me. I tried way too hard to fit in. I let far too many people get under my skin. As a result, I caused myself lots of needless pain and did things that were destructive as a result.

My parents were strict teachers and feed me a script of "be a man" "boys don't cry", and I didn't learn until much later as an adult that I could only be me, not what my parents or the kids on my block or anyone wanted me to be.

The only thing any of us should do growing up is be yourself, keep your nose clean, get an education, and don't let other's baggage become yours. If you spend all your time letting anyone, me or anyone, get under your skin, you wont just have problems here, you will take those problems with you to work, and in your personal relationships and family.

I would say this to any teen, not just you. As a society we do not do enough with any teen or young adult, to prepare them, not just on money issues, but emotionally, prepare them for the strife and conflict they will go through, because we all do. No one can avoid problems in their life, big or small, ups and downs always occur.

I really think you need to have some years behind you to understand why we got upset with you. You got sold a script and then when the world didn't follow that script, you got upset. But far too many teens have that happen to them. Not just on religion, but any issue. "Be this" " do that", does not work. You can only be yourself. Once you accept yourself, others wont bother you and you will cope better with differences in the world when you run into them.

It is my honest hope, not just for you, but for all teens and young adults, that they stop buying into images or scripts and simply be happy with yourself first. Of course staying in school and staying out of trouble should go without saying.

I saw the picture of you on the horse. You have a smile on your face. I'd suggest you start a horse club for people your age, or a horse website for people your age. You'd be doing what you love and surround yourself with like minded people. That kind of positive re-enforcement goes a long way for mental stability. Everyone, including me needs some extent of emotional support.

Just find yourself and be yourself, that is my advice.
RE: Genuine advice for BGChuckLee
Although I'm pretty sure his guy is a poe, if you can't PM this info, you might just want to let it go instead of making a thread specifically targeting the guy.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Dodgy Brian, you know better than this.
(January 10, 2013 at 10:19 am)LastPoet Wrote: Dodgy Brian, you know better than this.

Didn't we just have a thread that had something to do with calling people out?

Levitate
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Okay, thread lock pending staff decision.

I'm not letting this go into another flame war.

ETA: Thread is now Closed for good

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice about patience Macoleco 4 550 March 26, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6231 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1087 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Last Minute Gift Advice Neo-Scholastic 28 3889 December 27, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13097 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Dating advice seandiggy 30 4468 October 23, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: J a c k
  A little advice on a family matter please NuclearEnergy 6 1138 August 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Medical advice Macoleco 12 3138 July 7, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Macoleco
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5652 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Finding contractor(s) advice. brewer 24 5921 June 30, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye