Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My younger sister de converted.
My younger sister de converted.
Holly crap, I just got a phone call just now that pleased the ever living BEEP, out of me.

Ok, here is the skinny, we got seperated as kids. She has a different father but we share the same biological mother.

Anywho, fast forward many decades, and I finely find my family through social services.

Well, at the time we first met she was still religious and at first there was an easy truce between us on that subject. But, things happened in her life that caused her and her husband financial stress and we ended up having a falling out. Well more like I backed off because I didn't want to add to any stress they had.

Come to find out since that time up until the phone call today, events caused her to question even more and eventually she gave up on it. Dabbled briefly with other woo, but also gave up on that.

But because of an argument with another family member, whom she has since made up with, called me just now and WOW. She gave me the story of her journey and I was soooooo proud of her.

Anywho, she will be on at some point snooping around. She said to me "It is nice to know not everyone in our family hates me, Brian you are not alone".

WOW, I have my sister back!

We both still love our other family members who are still in religion, we really do, but it is nice to have people especially within family that are on the same page.

She calls herself an agnostic, but I did try to explain that it is possible to be an agnostic atheist.
RE: My younger sister de converted.
i bet that was a relief, ive experienced your hatred of what you call "woo" before and i can feel how much you hate it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 12, 2013 at 5:37 pm)paulpablo Wrote: i bet that was a relief, ive experienced your hatred of what you call "woo" before and i can feel how much you hate it.

It isn't a relief as much as it is a WOW. My adoptive mom is still Catholic and she is number 1 in my life.

Sure it is great that I have a skeptic in the family, but none of us can pick our family members.
Why would some of your family hate her simply for being Agnostic? Conditioned love?
(January 12, 2013 at 9:39 pm)Ethan1581 Wrote: Why would some of your family hate her simply for being Agnostic? Conditioned love?

Jesus commands us to in the Bible:

Quote:Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

We True Christians ™ speak of family values but we have our priorities straight. Our celestial lord comes first.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(January 12, 2013 at 9:39 pm)Ethan1581 Wrote: Why would some of your family hate her simply for being Agnostic? Conditioned love?

I think it is more political as she and I support Obama and most of the rest of our family is much more religious and support republicans.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you honestly feel about younger people complaining about being old? Foxaèr 30 4962 May 6, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  How to deal with a difficult sister who thinks the world revolves around her NuclearEnergy 16 4792 June 6, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  What advice would you give to your younger self? Rayaan 87 14359 July 4, 2014 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  This A hole has poisoned my older sister Brian37 16 3466 February 25, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Rainbow My sister came out of the closet today... Erinome 17 9733 September 22, 2012 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Update On My Sister's Family (The Fire) Shell B 11 4136 June 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Shell B