Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is everyone in a releationship during winter?
Why is everyone in a releationship during winter?
In the past few months, as a single I have found it harder and harder to find any single females arround. Trips to the bar have usualy ended very drunk and alone, or coming home early and alone (like today).

Is it possible that statisticaly during winter, more people are in releationships?
RE: Why is everyone in a releationship during winter?
I had the exact same problem, last summer was a bit of a hedonistic adventure for me. Then as soon as it reached winter the girls on my phone who i normally contacted were like "im engaged" or "i have a boyfriend now" luckily i managed to get on plenty of fish and find girls on there which made my new years and christmas more bare able.
Maybe its because people stay in more during winter and being inside more descreases the chances of finding somone in a random encounter. The less chance there is to meet somone the more you feel the need to latch on to somone, i dont know thats a guess.
I did notice the same thing though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 12, 2013 at 4:57 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: In the past few months, as a single I have found it harder and harder to find any single females arround. Trips to the bar have usualy ended very drunk and alone, or coming home early and alone (like today).

Is it possible that statisticaly during winter, more people are in releationships?

I would expect so, in winter, there is higher marginal utility to be realized in a live bed warmer.
Breeding opportunities??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Winter is cold... sex is hot. To stay warm during winter: sex can help Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(January 13, 2013 at 3:41 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Winter is cold... sex is hot. To stay warm during winter: sex can help Smile

I wouldn't know.
I've been married for 17 years.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 12, 2013 at 4:57 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Trips to the bar have usualy ended very drunk and alone, or coming home early and alone (like today).

This only happens to you during winter? And you're complaining?
(January 12, 2013 at 4:57 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: In the past few months, as a single I have found it harder and harder to find any single females arround. Trips to the bar have usualy ended very drunk and alone, or coming home early and alone (like today).

I've been in a relationship for almost two years now, so I don't know how much my voice counts, but when it gets really cold and nasty outside, I don't want to leave the apartment for any reason, bar or otherwise. I live in Houston, so I'm more likely to stay in when it gets really hot and humid or when heavy rains come in, but I'd have to figure up further north, they don't want to go out when it gets cold and snowy with icy roads.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does everyone want to advertise in their signature? Foxaèr 2 339 September 14, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  It's going to be a WARM winter onlinebiker 8 930 October 9, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Getting ready for winter. onlinebiker 21 1627 October 26, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Why does everyone hate Amy Schumer? Foxaèr 42 7952 July 30, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
Tongue Winter Solsice and holiday Party MissR 28 5002 December 24, 2014 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: MissR
  Please share you favorite winter holiday music here. Whateverist 10 3596 December 9, 2013 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Simple and Cheap Winter Recipes Quid 11 3310 December 13, 2012 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: festive1
  Elderly Woman Dies After Wheelchair Rolls Down Hill Into Water Ditch During Fire Drill Tino 3 2184 October 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why does everyone hate me? Aegrus 36 12075 April 3, 2012 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Violet