Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barney Frank & the Health Care Idiots
Barney Frank & the Health Care Idiots
I know most of you are in Europe, but are probably aware that here in America we're trying to reform healthcare. The congress is in recess for August so they've been doing their Town Hall meetings which have been basically invaded by crazy right wingers who just yell over the congressman, compare Obama to Hitler, says the healthcare reform is a plan to kill Grandma. It's ridiculous, and most congressman have to just kind of sit back and take it. Well, Barney Frank (From Massachusetts, because we rock) had an awesome response to one crazy lady:

[youtube]nYlZiWK2Iy8&[/youtube]
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Barney Frank & the Health Care Idiots
I usually can't stand Barney Frank---because I hear him on NPR all the time talking about how "no one saw the housing bubble collapse coming"...which makes him a tool in my eyes...but he made me proud when he handled these morons.
Yeah, I don't always agree with him, but one thing you have to admit is he tells it like it is, and I've always liked that about him, even if I might not agree with everything he says.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Eilonnwy, just to let you know, you are at post number 666 right now...congratulations

</lame>

yea, I like him and I don't....NPR just loves him for some reason...always on the phone with them. His voice both irritates me and comforts me...Love hate relationship I guess??
Awesome, but alas, now it's gone. XD Thanks for pointing it out, I would have missed it.

ROFL @ dining room table.

Job well done I'd say.
(August 20, 2009 at 9:32 am)LukeMC Wrote: ROFL @ dining room table.

Job well done I'd say.

I think most of us feel the same way when talking to fundies. XD

(August 20, 2009 at 9:41 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: I think most of us feel the same way when talking to fundies. XD

Damn straight
(August 20, 2009 at 8:32 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: I know most of you are in Europe, but are probably aware that here in America we're trying to reform healthcare. The congress is in recess for August so they've been doing their Town Hall meetings which have been basically invaded by crazy right wingers who just yell over the congressman, compare Obama to Hitler, says the healthcare reform is a plan to kill Grandma. It's ridiculous, and most congressman have to just kind of sit back and take it. Well, Barney Frank (From Massachusetts, because we rock) had an awesome response to one crazy lady:

[youtube]nYlZiWK2Iy8&[/youtube]

He didn't even answer her question. She was an idiot and so is he. He's so unprofessional and I'm not sure how he was even elected into the position he's in. Those town hall meetings are like little kids choosing sides and cutting eachother down. Both sides are dirty and out of control.
A lot of the people on both sides of the fence in the town halls have been suggested to be plants. I forget what website I was on, but there was one old lady who said she had cancer, and Obama hugged her (and she was cured). It may be that she is actually a campaign manager, and may not have cancer. She certainly may not be who she said she was. Another woman said she was a doctor, and people responded with "aren't you so-and-so, pictured with Obama here?" She later said she was in fact not a doctor, but a member of the Obama Campaign (Obots). And some of the "right-wing nuts" seem to also be plants. Good to know what the "second coming" president is spending his valuable time doing...

We need health care reform, but not this way, and not from these crooks. They can only make it worse. Friedman Economics worse.

Does this view make me a racist? The bailout was theft. Does that make me racist yet? The only people opposed to reform are racists, and the only people opposed to Obama at all must also be racist...

Thanks,
-Pip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video - Why atheists care about YOUR religion Lilith_86 4 1969 January 15, 2010 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Lilith_86
  Will Ferrell's health care reform PSA leo-rcc 4 1994 September 23, 2009 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Dotard
  Selfishness and Health Care. leo-rcc 15 4491 August 26, 2009 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc