Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Little Question
Quick Little Question
It states in the forum rules that this website's server is in France.
Is the website based in France because the owner lives there or is it simply more inexpensive to base it in France?
RE: Quick Little Question
It's to throw the fundies off the scent.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 13, 2013 at 11:29 pm)Piss3d0ffAth3ist Wrote: It states in the forum rules that this website's server is in France.
Is the website based in France because the owner lives there or is it simply more inexpensive to base it in France?

It's in France because we figure it's the safest place from revolution short of Iceland.

It's not like the French could actually wage a war ROFLOL
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
It is simply in France because that is where the server is located. No, the owner, who prefers not to be thought of that way, though he really is the owner, does not live in France. I can see him scoffing at the very idea now. Tongue

Oh, and hello, new guy.
(January 13, 2013 at 11:40 pm)Shell B Wrote: It is simply in France because that is where the server is located. No, the owner, who prefers not to be thought of that way, though he really is the owner, does not live in France. I can see him scoffing at the very idea now. Tongue

He doesn't think of himself in that way. Which is why he's so perfect for his job Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(January 13, 2013 at 11:38 pm)Stimbo Wrote: It's to throw the fundies off the scent.

Nothing that xtian fundies hate more than France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_fries

Quote:On March 11, 2003, Representatives Robert W. Ney (R-Ohio) and Walter B. Jones, Jr. (R-North Carolina) changed all references to French fries and French toast on the menus of the three cafeterias run by the House of Representatives. House cafeterias were directed to rename French fries to "freedom fries".

I mean, what a pair of assholes it took to think of that!
It's so we can get cheap croissants.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
.. and bigass buckets of Café au lait! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Stay away from French cars though, they're shit.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Especially Renaults! Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious people get very little reps, it's xenophobia and religionism. WinterHold 353 24137 July 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 6882 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1768 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy Birthday, Ya Tough Little Ship!! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1214 September 28, 2019 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's a little bit strange to....... Cod 8 1847 July 7, 2019 at 6:49 pm
  Hello my little Chickadees......... Brian37 20 2103 July 1, 2019 at 5:45 am
  7 little things that completely give us away Foxaèr 9 1102 November 4, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Quick Poll: Do you speak more than one language? Edwardo Piet 40 4089 April 27, 2018 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Antares
  For the GUYS only here... A quick poll... Joods 102 6964 March 8, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  Smaller trouble in little China? Naw, not really... Brian37 0 589 October 24, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37