Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEY GUYZ
Tongue 
HEY GUYZ
Hello! Big Grin
After years of stalking Atheist Forums, I've finally made an account 0_0
Well, I'm 18 years old from 'murrica. I left Christianity young after never really believing it for any reason other than fear of hell(as much I'd like to think I've grown past it, I still have that irrational fear of hell to some extent). After that, I first just accepted my atheism. But being my youth, I soon went on to try out new religions. I realized one after another that each religion has it's own way of trying to control me- especially since I'm a woman and have an atypical sexuality- and I'm just not so fond of that. This on top of the whole "let's deny facts" charade. I turned a sort of believe-whatever theist for a short time, but I really became atheist when a while back watching the Atheist Experience(I've been a fan since I was young and even in my religious phases). Matt said something to a caller about how he cares about believing what is true. That really struck me and made me need to rethink my beliefs. And thus, here I am.
I guess that little story should have went in the convert's corner, no? Oh well.

Hmmm... well I've said enough. So yeah... Hi! Tongue
RE: HEY GUYZ
Welcome. :3
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Hello. Glad you decided to join us.
Hi Sedna, love the name. Pull up a chair, make yourself at home.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome, but watch out for the cristards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0lXNNkqac
Welcome to my nightmare, I think your going to like it, I think you will belong.
Hey and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Thank you, thank you! You all replied quickly.

@Stimbo
Not my real name- just to clarify. I just have always loved Inuit-y things. Or anything far north. Or anything that makes me think of snow.
(January 14, 2013 at 10:57 pm)Sedna Wrote: I just have always loved Inuit-y things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfvpKiKgFGk
are your ears ready?
You see? They're bad-the fuck-ass up north.
(January 14, 2013 at 10:57 pm)Sedna Wrote: Thank you, thank you! You all replied quickly.

@Stimbo
Not my real name- just to clarify. I just have always loved Inuit-y things. Or anything far north. Or anything that makes me think of snow.

No, I guessed it's not your real name though I didn't make the Inuit connection. I was actually thinking of the Trans-Neptunian Object (TNO) of the same name, viz:

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3254 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1836 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 613 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2347 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Bulxy88 13 2048 July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Bulxy88