Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Debating Tactic
My Debating Tactic
For all my friends here (Christian and Atheists alike), I want to make something clear from my side. I usually don't use references from our Good Book - Bible while debating here. Reason for this is that I don't want to see myself trying to proselytize others. It's against the rules here, I suppose and I want to really discuss things within the confines of the rules. That being said, you all do realize that the True Word of God has stood the test of time so in rare cases, I may need to reference the Good Book.
RE: My Debating Tactic
go ahead, make my day

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 18, 2013 at 8:22 pm)paulpablo Wrote: go ahead, make my day

Thank you Mister Sir. Smile
Understand this Christian. Even if you did use quotes from the bible (and thank you for keeping it to a minimum), it wouldn't matter. The bible is not a reliable source. It's written by men, for men. It's a series of documents by ignorant and superstitious authors, who didn't know better at the time. It's a storybook, reflecting how society was during the time the authors lived. Some ideas written down millennia ago are still valid and wise, but most are not. Even if you look back only a century ago you can find so many absurdities regarding e.g. medicine and psychology, so why do you think that men some thousands of years ago are suddenly any wiser?

As for the Bible itself, what makes it so much more special than the Vedas, the Quaran, the Torah, the Kalevala, the Eddur, the Tipitaka, the Kojiki und so weiter?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(January 18, 2013 at 8:19 pm)Christian Wrote: For all my friends here (Christian and Atheists alike), I want to make something clear from my side. I usually don't use references from our Good Book - Bible while debating here. Reason for this is that I don't want to see myself trying to proselytize others. It's against the rules here, I suppose and I want to really discuss things within the confines of the rules. That being said, you all do realize that the True Word of God has stood the test of time so in rare cases, I may need to reference the Good Book.

Am I sick for reading this with a grin?
(January 18, 2013 at 8:42 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Am I sick for reading this with a grin?

Yup. But you're not the only one Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(January 18, 2013 at 8:39 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Understand this Christian. Even if you did use quotes from the bible (and thank you for keeping it to a minimum), it wouldn't matter. The bible is not a reliable source. It's written by men, for men. It's a series of documents by ignorant and superstitious authors, who didn't know better at the time. It's a storybook, reflecting how society was during the time the authors lived. Some ideas written down millennia ago are still valid and wise, but most are not. Even if you look back only a century ago you can find so many absurdities regarding e.g. medicine and psychology, so why do you think that men some thousands of years ago are suddenly any wiser?

As for the Bible itself, what makes it so much more special than the Vedas, the Quaran, the Torah, the Kalevala, the Eddur, the Tipitaka, the Kojiki und so weiter?

Thank you for the reply Mister Sir Kayenneh. The True Word of our Lord has stood the test of time. Bible is still valid now as it was valid when it was written because it is the word of our Lord Jesus Christ Smile
You have my permission to try and convert me and use any tactics you want, it doesnt even really irritate me, ive always ignored debating with christians because i dont even see them worthy to debate with, at least muslims have the fall back option of saying "no you dont undertand this arabic word you put it out of context" which they usually do say a million times.
If you think the translated king james bible is perfect and the word of the holy spirit then feel free to private message me any claim you want and use any tactics you want.
Just so long as you dont start claiming i endorse rape and molestation because i think sex with 9 year old girls is wrong like al fatihaha or whatever his name is did in private messages to me, i dont have a problem with talking to you

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 18, 2013 at 8:45 pm)Christian Wrote: Thank you for the reply Mister Sir Kayenneh. The True Word of our Lord has stood the test of time. Bible is still valid now as it was valid when it was written because it is the word of our Lord Jesus Christ Smile

[Image: benedicthat.jpg]

[Image: 5310212414_f4bd69354f_z.jpg]
(January 18, 2013 at 8:55 pm)paulpablo Wrote: You have my permission to try and convert me and use any tactics you want, it doesnt even really irritate me, ive always ignored debating with christians because i dont even see them worthy to debate with, at least muslims have the fall back option of saying "no you dont undertand this arabic word you put it out of context" which they usually do say a million times.
If you think the translated king james bible is perfect and the word of the holy spirit then feel free to private message me any claim you want and use any tactics you want.
Just so long as you dont start claiming i endorse rape and molestation because i think sex with 9 year old girls is wrong like al fatihaha or whatever his name is did in private messages to me, i dont have a problem with talking to you

Mister Sir paulpablo, thanks for the permission. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I keep debating.......... Brian37 10 1601 January 20, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Theists debating Atheists KUSA 29 3953 December 5, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Debating issues. BlackMason 5 977 March 4, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Angrboda