Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism+ Forum
Atheism+ Forum
Has anyone heard of the Atheism+ forum? I thought it might be a good forum to write on because of its name, so I joined up. My first comment didn't get past the moderator and earned an instant ban. When I tried to go back on, there was an enraged response from the moderator saying I didn't know 'what the hell' I was talking about along with a threat of 'punishment' via my ISP address. WTF??? My crime? A two sentence comment. This is it: 'Richard Dawkins is entitled to his opinion. There is this thing called freedom of speech.' It was a response to a nasty thread that was STILL raving on about Rebecca Watperson and the elevatorgate coffee invitation incident.
I was certainly barking up the wrong tree. Apparently that forum was set up to be an ANTI Richard Dawkins site (hence the enraged response to my innocent comment). It's run by radical 'feminists'. I did wonder initially why there didn't seem to be any debate on there. Apparently no comment is allowed that disagrees with the agenda of the site. I consider myself to be feminist (just rational and reasonable actually), but I would never associate with those extremists. They need to change the name of the forum to, 'Feminazi radicals against Richard Dawkins'.
Dawkins has certainly take some batterings lately, including the shutting down of his Youtube channel due to bogus copyright claims by Josh Timonen of Upper Branch Productions.
RE: Atheism+ Forum
We have a thread for this already.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-14449-page-7.html
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I was on one

I left.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING POST FROM YOU, has to be read and approved by a moderator in order for it to appear!!!!!!!!!

They should shove that censorship up their ass before they can expect my membership!
(January 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Annik Wrote: We have a thread for this already.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-14449-page-7.html

Not really a thread, just a link. This is a pretty big forum. I'm sure every thread on here has probably been 'done' at least once.
That thread is active.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(January 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm)Joy Squeezy Wrote: Not really a thread, just a link. This is a pretty big forum. I'm sure every thread on here has probably been 'done' at least once.

35 pages and still going is not enough? Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Wink 
(January 19, 2013 at 3:30 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
(January 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm)Joy Squeezy Wrote: Not really a thread, just a link. This is a pretty big forum. I'm sure every thread on here has probably been 'done' at least once.

35 pages and still going is not enough? Tongue

Excuse me if I neglected to check EVERY comment and thread on here for one that resembled mine. So what anyway? Do you have anything else to add?
(January 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: I was on one

I left.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING POST FROM YOU, has to be read and approved by a moderator in order for it to appear!!!!!!!!!

They should shove that censorship up their ass before they can expect my membership!

That's only half true, at least from what I've seen. Aparently, everyone starts off getting their posts moderated like that. You have to prove that you can adhere to their standards to move off moderated status. From what I hear, you have to prove to them that you've been properly assimilated into the borg-like hive-mind to achieve this. I think the term I heard that made me think of this is "cyberbalkanization." It's when you go online and you specifically look for people whose beliefs match your own instead of exposing yourself to a wide variety of beliefs.

Buncha narrow minded cunts if you ask me.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(January 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm)Joy Squeezy Wrote: Excuse me if I neglected to check EVERY comment and thread on here for one that resembled mine. So what anyway? Do you have anything else to add?

(January 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm)Joy Squeezy Wrote: Excuse me if I neglected to check EVERY comment and thread on here for one that resembled mine. So what anyway? Do you have anything else to add?

You're excused. No need to get your panties in a twist.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27130 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12479 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12152 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10496 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12007 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38093 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack
  New Forum: Angry Atheism Tiberius 56 15039 October 22, 2009 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: fr0d0