Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
Hello All
I have been a Christian my whole life because my parents told me to. But honestly im not sure i believe. Sure its a nice story. But i just think it all might be a load of crap. I pray and pray and pray and i get nothing. Maybe im not dialing the right number idk. Im just looking for some guidance i guess. I wouldnt consider myself an athiest. But i am heading down that road.

I look forward to talking with you all.

I am 18 and live in California By the way
RE: Hello All
Quote:Sure its a nice story.

Actually, it isn't.

Welcome into the light.
Welcome from Portugal.

You will find many more ways to doubt the story, around here, enjoy the forums.
Welcome to the forums. Smile
Hello and welcome! Test the waters, participate in the threads, maybe post some for yourself. Rome wasn't built in one day. No need to fret about indecision Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome from Sunny Perth Western Australia
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome Smile
Hi Matt, good to have you aboard! You're amongst friends here, I assure you.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Indecision? a song for you from my era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMaE6toi4mk

Actually, Truth is; that you being questioning is the right place to be, and I say that as a confirmed 100% non-believer. Your open mind is a good place to be, my viewpoint is much harder to justify.

Welcome
[Image: signiture_zps1665b542.gif]
Quote:I have been a Christian my whole life because my parents told me to. But honestly im not sure i believe. Sure its a nice story. But i just think it all might be a load of crap. I pray and pray and pray and i get nothing. Maybe im not dialing the right number idk. Im just looking for some guidance i guess. I wouldnt consider myself an athiest. But i am heading down that road.

Guidance? There's no problem to resolve, why would you need a guide? Smile

I'm not certain you look forward to speaking with all of us... but I hope you'll enjoy yourself nonetheless. Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3531 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 713 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1764 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Hello All! Smedders 11 728 December 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello all Bmanne 23 2958 December 12, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: sebaslopez
  Hello All Mark Alien 24 2672 August 7, 2019 at 11:25 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello all ohio_drg 13 1340 September 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2142 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello all I am new at the forums blackstar 15 3308 October 21, 2015 at 4:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello all ! webrn 32 4152 October 18, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Losty