Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hello everyone,

I suppose I've always been an atheist. I used to go to a convent school when I was little but I stopped believing in god around the time I stopped believing in Santa and the Tooth Fairy. Mainly for the same reasons, although I must admit I find the concept of god even sillier and I have a real dislike of religion (compared to Santa) because it (or the arguments put forth) seems to be nothing more than an argument for ignorance and stupidity to me... not that I claim to be clever or anything like that.

Over the years I've noticed more and more religious nuts on the net and I've spent a fair amount of time arguing with them, I do know it's generally pointless, so I thought I would join an atheist forum and speak to some like minded people for a change instead.

Anyway, I look forward to having many interesting conversations with you all.
RE: Hello
Welcome from Portugal
(January 21, 2013 at 5:02 am)LastPoet Wrote: Welcome from Portugal

Thank you, I probably should've said I'm from the UK in my earlier post too.
Welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm from the UK too (London). Which part are you from?
(January 21, 2013 at 5:10 am)Tiberius Wrote: Welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm from the UK too (London). Which part are you from?

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm from the Midlands, near Coventry... but not too close.Big Grin
Birmingham lad here...

Welcome aboard.
(January 21, 2013 at 4:19 am)jesus_wept Wrote: Over the years I've noticed more and more religious nuts on the net

Oh, we have them here too, but they are fun. And we have atheist nuts too. We are a glorious snack bag of nuts.

Welcome, hopefully you'll enjoy your stay! Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome JW Smile
Welcome from Sunny Perth Western Australia
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 21, 2013 at 7:50 am)Insanity x Wrote: Welcome JW Smile

Thinking

Big Grin

Croeso i Wales

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5961 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3632 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates