Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist from Belgium
Rainbow 
Atheist from Belgium
Hi everybody.

I come from Belgium and I'm 27 years old. I was born in an atheist family.

My native language is French so please, don't hesitate to correct me when I'm wrong or to tell me when you don't understand.

I grew up in an atheist family but some of my relatives are Christians (catholics or protestants).

In Belgium, at public primary school (from 6 to 12 years old) and in High school (from 12 to 18) you have to chose a "philosophical lesson" : catholic, protestant, judaism, islam or "moral" (religion free).

So I followed the moral lesson and I didn't receive any religious education, but I went to church on each Sunday for 2 years with a friend.

I'm a bit worried about Islam in my country, because we have more and more immigrants from North Africa.

I have some good friends that are muslims but they don't practice a lot.
I'm fed up with all these muslims trying to convince us that we are stupid, racists, that we don't understand, that we must read...I've read a lot about islam and this is definitly not a religion of peace.

In Belgium, there is a local political party called 'islam' that wants to apply charia law to Belgium...

I watched a few videos about Christians in USA, about creationism and intelligent design, and want to learn more about religion in USA.
RE: Atheist from Belgium
Hello from your neighbour (who used you twice as his highway into France) Tongue

Dont know much about your country, only that you make swiss chocolate, colonised the Congo, are half French - half Dutch, the seat of the European Parlament and that you have a very confusing political system.
Welcome, to somebody who can bring first class mussels and chips to the party and not bad beer too
Welcome indeed, there are a few tame Dutch members, but its the theists that get a bit odd at times.
[Image: signiture_zps1665b542.gif]
Quote:and want to learn more about religion in USA.

It's just as stupid as religion anywhere else. The problem here is that the power structure gives lip service to their bullshit.

I agree about the muslim problem. They seem like shitty house guests.
We Americans are used to immigrants who desire to assimilate. Those fuckers seem to want to colonize Europe for fucking allah.

Welcome aboard.
Welcome.
Sometimes, I don't feel so bad that Portugal has a lot of immigrants from ex-colonies... which were all properly indoctrinated in christianity in due time.... so no muslim invasion, here! It's just same-old.
(January 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Hello from your neighbour (who used you twice as his highway into France) Tongue

Dont know much about your country, only that you make swiss chocolate, colonised the Congo, are half French - half Dutch, the seat of the European Parlament and that you have a very confusing political system.

Hi, where are you from?

Nooo, we made Belgian chocolate !!! (from cocoa that doesn't grow in Belgium lol)

Yes, we speak French in the south, Dutch in the North, and less than 1% of the population speak German...

A very confusing political system, you are right, a lot of Belgian even don't understand it...

We also have a king and his family, that we pay generously with our taxes...
Only dead fish go with the flow * Obey your master
Welcome Smile
Hello Metallica and welcome to AF!

I'm hoping to travel to Belgium this summer to the Tomorrowland festival in Boom. I don't particularly like the music played there, but my friend is going and since I want to go abroad I just might join her. Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Howdy!
Cunt
Welcome!

I don't suppose you make a mean waffle? Smile
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Belgium yes.... Jean Jacques DuJean 11 1999 June 12, 2014 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Jean Jacques DuJean
  Hello from Belgium mrlmichael 1 1292 June 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Tempus