Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!!!! Finally a place I can feel at home!
Hello!!!! Finally a place I can feel at home!
Hello everyone,

My name is John, I have been searching for a place to express my disbelief to all things religion and this place seems awesome! I am currently in a not so favorable situation in my life, I am sure a lot of you can relate. I am on the verge or breaking up with my Girlfriend because we always argue and we share different beliefs that always conflict with each other. I am not happy living with her and I am most likely going to break up with her. My parents are hardcore Christians and they recently found out that I am a atheist and they are very upset with me, thinking they are horrible parents because they think they didn't raise me right.

I just feel so lost in this world of religious BS! I want to find a group of friends that share the same views that I do, that see through all the crap and live for today! It would even be nice to connect with girl that is also and atheist!

I am glad to be here! Expect more activity from me on these forums!

If you want to know me more please PM me, I use Skype and E-mail to communicate.

Here is a little something I wrote that will explain further what I believe when it comes to religion:

I find myself to be spiritual than religious. I don't like the idea of belonging to a particular religion. Most religions are very exclusive. Meaning that if you don't believe what they believe, you going to a bad place (hell, usually). I don't buy that one at all. I think a lot of ideas formed around religion are ancient and were used because we didn't have science to explain things and it was also used to keep people in line. I still like the idea of some sort of higher power, but instead of it being a person or "god". I like to think of this higher power as an al encompassing energy that creates and binds our universe together. When it comes down to it, that's all we are, energy, particles, whatever you want to call it. And we all share this same existence together with every living and none living thing and it is freaking awesome.
Smile
I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins
RE: Hello!!!! Finally a place I can feel at home!
Welcome Smile
Welcome!
Hey and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome to the group. Cross-faith relationships can be difficult, I know. I'm the one who managed to corrupt my formerly Mormon boyfriend into looking at the world from less of a theistic perspective.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
For a second, I thought I saw theVOID's name in the last post here... tiredness OP.

Welcome to the forum, Mohjo Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! It's nice to be here!
I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins
Welcome I too am named John.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Welcome John.
Hello, John.

Don't worry about your parents....they always pull that crap. It's part of the guilt trip. Tell them they raised you just fine. You can think for yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whelp, make me feel good people breadbasketbomb 56 5657 April 19, 2016 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello everyone. I've finally worked out... FebruaryOfReason 19 1940 February 6, 2016 at 9:27 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Finally i can disprove fundamentalist christians Rokkein 13 2575 December 12, 2015 at 2:59 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  To Whosoever Should Feel Concerned: Arrogant Christian 31 5575 July 24, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: The Barefoot Bum
  Need a place to confide Soloatheist 16 2846 July 5, 2015 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Tongue Looking for a place to belong pocket god 18 3048 May 26, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Feel the same? Fisher92 12 2517 January 13, 2015 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Greetings from a rather godless place Modler 19 3671 March 21, 2014 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Modler
  Hello, is it you i'm looking for? I can see it in your eyes... djkamilo 13 2568 January 4, 2014 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Introduction:Because Everyone is doing it and I feel peer pressured Bipolar Bob 21 6324 November 10, 2013 at 2:33 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox