Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little childhood relic
A little childhood relic
So yesterday whilest chatting with Psykhronic, she mentioned that she colected minerals and it came to my mind that I use to do that as a little child.
I was amazed to find that I still had these in a box, in which I keep memorable stuff from my childhood, like some fur toys, other toys, fotos and stuff.
I tried to show her some of the stones via webcam, but unfortunatly it has a bit of a bad qualety issue.

So I took the time to make some pics today.

These have little christals on them, which unfortunalty arent clearly visable on this pic, I guess I picked them up durin some walks here and then:

[Image: IMG_0381.jpg]

I think I found this one at the enterence to a little cave with a spring, these holes in it were formed by water dropping on the same spots over a long period of time:

[Image: IMG_0382.jpg]

These are fossils, I think.
I found the left one on a beach during a family holiday in the UK and it definatly is a fossil, the one to the right I found on a beach in Spain, also during a family holiday, but I am not sure if it is a fossil:

[Image: IMG_0383.jpg]

This one is weird, it has the texture of plastic and a nice golden colour, it easyly falls appart, and I have no idea where I got it from:

[Image: IMG_0400.jpg]

I guess everyone here once bought one or two of these:

[Image: IMG_0385.jpg]

This is a stalactite, which I ripped off the ceiling of a cave as a child, because I was an annoying fuckwit as a kid:

[Image: IMG_0386.jpg]

I picked up this one as a kid because I thought it looked like a knife, today I think that it simply looks phalic:

[Image: IMG_0403.jpg]

These are pieces of coral, I collected these at a beach in Italy near Venece during a family holiday:

[Image: IMG_0387.jpg]

These are just randomly colected pepples from random places which I polished until they would shine:

[Image: IMG_0388.jpg]

These are simple flintstones, one finds them pritty much everywhere, and they look nice to a kid. As a child I was fascinated by early history, so I would spend hours near places which had flintstone, in the hope of finding something like a stoneage spear or axe:

[Image: IMG_0389.jpg]

That is a simple piece of glass, this is simply what it looks like if it is left in nature for 20-30 years, deformed, weird but awsome:

[Image: IMG_0390.jpg]

I love this one, I think I found it in a river or stream. I kept it because it`s shape almoust exactly resembled the anatomical shape of a human heart:

[Image: IMG_0391.jpg]

That is a piece of coal, while on a family holiday in Wales (UK) we visited a museum of a coal mine, whilest underground I ripped this piece of coal out of the surrounding walls:

[Image: IMG_0392.jpg]

These are mud, pieces of sediment from riverbeds where the water has long stoped flowing, I guess I got them during a trip in the alps, where I found them near a glacier.

[Image: IMG_0393.jpg]

This one looks like silver, I know it issnt but it simply looks like if it had some in it. I think I found it in Spain:

[Image: IMG_0394.jpg]

These are vulcanic rocks, all of them from the Canary islands, except for one which is from Italy

[Image: IMG_0395.jpg]

that`s it. Smile
RE: A little childhood relic
Well I know what I'll be looking at for hours. Thanks Germaaans X3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious people get very little reps, it's xenophobia and religionism. WinterHold 353 25102 July 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7087 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Things you miss from your childhood. Brian37 23 1611 May 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1787 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy Birthday, Ya Tough Little Ship!! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1230 September 28, 2019 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's a little bit strange to....... Cod 8 1851 July 7, 2019 at 6:49 pm
  Hello my little Chickadees......... Brian37 20 2146 July 1, 2019 at 5:45 am
  7 little things that completely give us away Foxaèr 9 1126 November 4, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Smaller trouble in little China? Naw, not really... Brian37 0 594 October 24, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Big trouble in little China? Local thing here. Brian37 13 2562 October 23, 2017 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama