Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well girls you got what you wanted...
Well girls you got what you wanted...
The US military is ending its prohibition on women in combat.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23...?hpt=hp_c1
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: Well girls you got what you wanted...
Well, the army'll have to fund lots of new kitchens to cater for the influx of woman soldiers.
(January 23, 2013 at 5:11 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: ...women in combat.

(January 23, 2013 at 6:03 pm)killybob Wrote: Well, the army'll have to fund lots of new kitchens to cater for the influx of woman soldiers.

Unless there is to be a battle in the kitchens I see no need for more kitchens Wink
(January 23, 2013 at 5:11 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: The US military is ending its prohibition on women in combat.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23...?hpt=hp_c1

As someone who appreciates equality, I still find this to be a terrible idea in the United States military. Until they deal with the epidemic rape problem they have, women should be very wary of joining up in any combat capacity. Also, how the fuck are they going to deal with their periods in the field? Men can go without showers for fucking ages. Women can't. Apart from that, I say have fun.
Quote:Also, how the fuck are they going to deal with their periods in the field?

Can you imagine an entire battalion on PMS at the same time? They'd tear the enemy to shreds.
(January 23, 2013 at 6:42 pm)Shell B Wrote: Until they deal with the epidemic rape problem they have, women should be very wary of joining up in any combat capacity.

A few friendly fire incidents might go a long way in dealing with this problem...

Quote:Also, how the fuck are they going to deal with their periods in the field? Men can go without showers for fucking ages. Women can't.

Hormonal birth control with no placebo breaks? Get Pregnant?

Seriously though, other militaries have women in combat arms. Apparently they are dealing with this problem. Besides, I'm pretty sure women were going without showers their entire lives for most of the last couple hundred thousand years. Apparently it is doable.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(January 23, 2013 at 7:02 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: A few friendly fire incidents might go a long way in dealing with this problem...

Well, the problem is not currently being dealt with, so it can only get worse or simply not get better.

Quote:Seriously though, other militaries have women in combat arms. Apparently they are dealing with this problem. Besides, I'm pretty sure women were going without showers their entire lives for most of the last couple hundred thousand years. Apparently it is doable.

To be fair, "entire lives" was a lot less a while back and hygiene did not matter. Today, in the military, it does. A women with a urinary tract infection or toxic shock syndrome because she had to keep her tampon in too long isn't going to be too helpful. Also, it is a complete myth that birth control completely stops your period. I have never met a woman on birth control who had no period to speak of. You might argue that the physical exertion would make her period stop, but that typically only happens in boot camp.

I'm not saying it is bad to have women in combat. I'm saying, our military is not ready for it. That says more about our military than our women.
Quote:I'm not saying it is bad to have women in combat. I'm saying, our military is not ready for it.

What our military needs is less combat, period.
To be honest, if the women in question wants to go into the military, I say let her. Just make sure she knows the risks.
"I trust my own reason and my own capacities to think and educate myself and to reach greater levels of knowlege and status through learning and work. To me, wishing for a god is like wishing to be a slave, it is like declaring that one is too incompetent to handle one's own affairs." - the germans are coming
(January 23, 2013 at 7:49 pm)TromboneAtheist Wrote: To be honest, if the women in question wants to go into the military, I say let her. Just make sure she knows the risks.

Being raped by fellow soldiers shouldn't one of the risks of joining the military.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, color me smeckledorfed! no one 4 649 December 31, 2021 at 8:57 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New theistic chew toys wanted! Foxaèr 266 19765 August 29, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7086 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 512 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2084 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 943 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Go Go's "Vacation all you never wanted." Brian37 10 1055 July 13, 2020 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Got Plates? onlinebiker 23 1446 June 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1907 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3553 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene