Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychological research - Atheists, Christians and quality of life
Psychological research - Atheists, Christians and quality of life
Hi there,

My name is Rosie, and I'm a final year psychology student from Ireland. As part of our degree, we have to carry out a piece of independent research.

My research project is looking at the links between strength of outlook (whether religious or nonreligious - an atheist may be certain in their atheism, and so on) and quality of life.

It is completed by means of an online survey, which takes no longer than ten minutes to complete. I am looking for individuals of all types to complete it, as I need as large a sample as possible, with a range of outlooks on life.

With this in mind, I will post the link here (I did ask for permission Smile ). I would really appreciate it if some of you could give a response - it would mean a lot! The survey can be found here:

http://hfrg.ucc.ie/lifestyle/

...and it is important to read the instructions at the beginning.
Also, as this is a forum, I'll open it to discussion too. Do you think there is a link between strength of belief and quality of life? Smile And what direction do you think that link would be in?

If there is interest in the topic, I'm more than happy to post the results of my research once it's complete - by April or May.

Thank you!
RE: Psychological research - Atheists, Christians and quality of life
Done!

And welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(January 23, 2013 at 5:26 pm)rozle27 Wrote: My name is Rosie, and I'm a final year psychology student from Ireland. As part of our degree, we have to carry out a piece of independent research.

Normally I run away from surveys but considering its for your degree I done it Tongue
Not sure how you're going to measure the results from diverse places in the globe, but it's done! Wink
(January 23, 2013 at 5:49 pm)Insanity x Wrote:
(January 23, 2013 at 5:26 pm)rozle27 Wrote: My name is Rosie, and I'm a final year psychology student from Ireland. As part of our degree, we have to carry out a piece of independent research.

Normally I run away from surveys but considering its for your degree I done it Tongue

In that case, thank you muchly. Big Grin

(January 23, 2013 at 6:41 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Not sure how you're going to measure the results from diverse places in the globe, but it's done! Wink

I'm looking for as diverse a group as possible really, so hopefully the worldwide thing is okay. Smile
I have completed it to the best of my limited ability haha

Oh whoops, I spoke too soon. I am not 18 or older. Can't do it, sorry
"I trust my own reason and my own capacities to think and educate myself and to reach greater levels of knowlege and status through learning and work. To me, wishing for a god is like wishing to be a slave, it is like declaring that one is too incompetent to handle one's own affairs." - the germans are coming
(January 23, 2013 at 7:19 pm)TromboneAtheist Wrote: I have completed it to the best of my limited ability haha

Oh whoops, I spoke too soon. I am not 18 or older. Can't do it, sorry

That's okay, don't worry about it. Smile I appreciate the thought!
Would fill it out. But not old enough....
finished, I will ask my roommate to fill it out aswell
(January 23, 2013 at 7:33 pm)ThatMuslimGuy Wrote: Would fill it out. But not old enough....

That's alright, thanks for reading it!

(January 23, 2013 at 8:07 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: finished, I will ask my roommate to fill it out aswell

Thank you! That's awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2834 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 1982 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Help me with my research! rjam099 10 855 May 10, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3440 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1839 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Atheists. Does life uh... find a way? Richimorto 6 959 July 29, 2020 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1374 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2011 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How do atheists do life? ResoluteBaptist 104 10683 January 2, 2019 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3042 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik