Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have arrived...
I have arrived...
It's all good now.

Seriously though, I though I would properly introduce myself. I have been posting for about a week and it occurred to me that you guys don't really know anything about me.

So, here goes: I am a graphic artist by trade and have been in the printing business for about 28 years. I run my own business doing graphic design and print brokering. My website is http://www.screamgraphics.com.

I am also musician (well, that's not quite true. I am a drummer). I have been performing live for about 15 years. When I play, I try to hit the groove. For those of you who play, you know that there is no drug on the planet like the groove.

A quick joke: You know what a band is? Three musicians and a drummer...

My other passion is rocks and gems. I am an avid rockhound and I cut precious stones. My house is full of rocks that I have collected over the years.

I am really just a pretty normal guy. I am an atheist and quite enjoy researching and debunking theist claims and arguments. I am a huge fan of Matt Dilahunty.

So there you have it. The Cliff Notes version of me.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
RE: I have arrived...
Welcome
Welcome aboard!

I used to play drums, also. Haven't played in YEARS.

Who is that guy hanging out with those musicians? That's the drummer,

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Here's one: Why was the bassist upset?

He locked the drummer in the car.

Welcome Smile
Welcome. Even though you're a drummer. Big Grin
My kid used to play the drums. Now I buy his dog annoying squeak toys to return the favor.

Welcome.
You know how you can tell if the stage is level?
The drool is running out of both sides of the drummers mouth.

You know how to get a drummer off your porch?
Pay him for the pizza.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend?

Homeless...

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Who in the band gets laid less than the roadies?

Big Grin
(January 24, 2013 at 5:04 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Who in the band gets laid less than the roadies?

Big Grin
So you are a drummer too?Cool Shades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just arrived from The Thinking Atheist Gwaithmir 20 3039 October 1, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Just arrived and barely alive Stormcat 15 3169 December 23, 2015 at 9:35 am
Last Post: brewer
  Just arrived dissily mordentroge 23 3093 September 13, 2014 at 7:02 am
Last Post: dissily mordentroge
  I Have Arrived Removed 11 2251 November 1, 2013 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Leftyatbest has arrived. leftyatbest 18 3029 October 17, 2011 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Delta 094204 has arrived Delta 094204 15 3530 May 7, 2010 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Unknown citizen has arrived Annabea 22 9129 May 16, 2009 at 4:19 pm