Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could/would Jesus replace and/or correct his own teeth without the need of a modern dentist?
Could/would Jesus replace and/or correct his own teeth without the need of a modern dentist?
The question was inspired from my reading of the book Unapologetic by Francis Spufford.

[Image: Unapologetic-Why-despite-eve.jpg]

This is the quote in question here.

"He is a male Jew in first century Palestine, so he's probably bearded, a bit smelly by modern standards, and quite short. He may well have bad or missing teeth. "

The author was trying to paint a realistic picture of a man from authentic genuine history to help make it more believable and I appreciate the effort he put into it. But why would the creator of the universe and everything that exists everywhere have bad teeth? Thinking

There are always passages in books like this that make me go "Eh? What? Confusedhock: And this book is a corker for these. It's a shame because it would otherwise be a rather good book but the author has to spoil it by bringing up Jesus's dental hygene, then I'll just get interested in that. There are other corking passages in this book, such as Jesus being equated to a pedophile while he carries his own cross. I sort of see what he trying to say but Confusedhock:
RE: Could/would Jesus replace and/or correct his own teeth without the need of a modern dentist?
As an open-minded agnostic, why do you seem so certain that Jesus is God?
RE: Could/would Jesus replace and/or correct his own teeth without the need of a modern dentist?
Quote: the author has to spoil it by bringing up Jesus's dental hygene

Would "jesus" have read the Nazareth Daily News while taking his morning dump?

Inquiring minds want to know.
(January 24, 2013 at 5:48 pm)Zone Wrote: The author was trying to paint a realistic picture of a man from authentic genuine history to help make it more believable and I appreciate the effort he put into it. But why would the creator of the universe and everything that exists everywhere have bad teeth? Thinking

A Christian might say that God or God's son (however Jesus is viewed) incarnated into an ordinary human body so he would know what it was like to be human. Having bad teeth would be part of that experience. Big Grin
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(January 24, 2013 at 5:56 pm)catfish Wrote: As an open-minded agnostic, why do you seem so certain that Jesus is God?

I don't believe Jesus is God because I'm not a Christian, but supposing he was/is as Francis Spufford and a few billion others believe would he really have bad teeth? It seems to me like Spufford hasn't really given this the level of consideration I would give on these details.

(January 24, 2013 at 6:17 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: A Christian might say that God or God's son (however Jesus is viewed) incarnated as a human so he would know what it was like to be human. Having bad teeth would be part of that experience. Big Grin

Say he broke his leg would he just leave it broken for the human experience while healing the lame, the blind or whatever? I would think he would just regenerate himself seeing as it would be basic general maintenace. He would keep himself in prime condition. Like say he would avoid dying of cancer or something before being able to sacrifice himself on the cross for the sins of humanity. I would guess whatever it was he did by getting himself killed in that specific way wouldn't work then. There aren't really any books out there that would deal with the kinds of questions I would ask.
Either way, it's speculation without evidence...
Jesus is more a D.I.Y. type. He'd fix his own teeth, since he supposedly healed many others.

If he'd bleach anything, it would be his anus. Good for him.
(January 24, 2013 at 6:21 pm)catfish Wrote: Either way, it's speculation without evidence...

No evidence that he wasn't God so that's what people believe because they like the idea of that actually happening in real life. But then we can get into details like would God allow himself bad teeth or bad breath, a wonky eye or whatever? If he fixes all that to make himself presentable would he go further and make himself ripped with a six pack?

[Image: ripped-jesus.jpg]

[Image: HarrowingReubens.jpg]

He would just be ensuring that he would be at the very peak of human fittness and health. So it would seem like the logical extention of fixing his teeth or whatever else to me. That would be the realistic depiction of a human God combo Christians believe in. I wouldn't try to stop them from believing that it's fine with me. Though something seems a bit far fetched about this to me. On the scale of weird stuff this ranks fairly high up there.
It's speculation about everything. From his appearance, to his health, to his "divinity".
There ARE Christians who do NOT believe he was God...
If I'm not mistaken, the modern depictions of Jesus are derived from a 15th(?) century bishop's son...
From the Domitilla catacombs, Rome, mid 4th century.

[Image: christ-and-apostles-catacomb-domitilla-c350-500.jpg]

Apparently from the toga, they thought old JC was a senator.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of xtianity is most likely to be correct? FrustratedFool 20 1155 December 8, 2023 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 467 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1333 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44139 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  If you could rid the world... FredTheLobster 33 3370 June 29, 2021 at 11:02 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1973 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 9554 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  which version of christianity is correct? Drich 86 8951 March 30, 2020 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Dundee
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15198 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 882 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist