Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea Aiming Nuclear Test Towards US
North Korea Aiming Nuclear Test Towards US
I couldn't see a thread about this so I figured I may as well make one Smile

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...64598.html

Quote:The secretive North Korean regime has said it is planning a nuclear test and more long-range rocket launches, aimed at what it calls its "sworn enemy", the United States.
RE: North Korea Aiming Nuclear Test Towards US
Not very secretive if they keep telling everyone what they are doing. Smile
Dont they trumpet stuff like this out every weekend?
(January 25, 2013 at 8:11 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Dont they trumpet stuff like this out every weekend?

Calling the US their arch enemy and telling everyone they intend to fire nuclear weapons at them is new.
Pffff.

Seems like there simply was another "failed rocketstart" in Kim`s bedroom last night.
Kim Jong-un is not amused.

[Image: c6278b5096bbf978d1cd6f370ed4c335.jpg]
Yeah, I can see this ending well.
(January 25, 2013 at 8:21 am)Insanity x Wrote: Kim Jong-un is not amused.

Food is definetly not scarce among the elite in North-Korea.
Somebody needs to get him to do the truffle shuffle on youtube.

(January 25, 2013 at 9:40 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Yeah, I can see this ending well.

I was reading around and the US still has over 5000 nuclear weapons. Meanwhile North Korea is estimated to have 20-30 by 2016..

Suicide mission seems to be an understatement.
North Korea...the perfect example of how religion is the worst excuse to be used for one to rule over many.

The sad thing is, is that the Missile Defense Shield using SM3s alone can neutralize the most advanced ICBMs in the world with an 81% success rate. It's worth noting that "most advanced ICBM" is not a phrase we will ever use to describe N. Korea's ICBM arsenal, either now or in the distant future and that, as Insanity pointed out, they would, in four years, have at most 30 such ICBMs whereas we currently have 113 interceptors at our disposal with the vast majority parked between North Korea and Japan [and by extension between North Korea and the US].

If North Korea truly wants to be obliterated, they may fire when ready. It will be the last act as a nation they will ever commit. We wouldn't even need to retaliate with nuclear exchanges. A single carrier group carries enough firepower to level a third-world nation to the ground...and last I checked, North Korea's a third world nation. And that is IF we fired indiscriminately. The only thing stopping anyone from burning North Korea to the ground is China because, for some weird-ass reason, China just loves North Korea even though North Korea is essentially causing them the most headaches of any other nation on the planet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North Sea oil LinuxGal 7 594 September 4, 2023 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7570 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2859 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Nuclear War must become obsolete OP/ED Brian37 43 3211 March 23, 2018 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Is North Korea just insane? Renug 6 1428 May 29, 2017 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What is up with the disdain Republicans have towards educational institutes? NuclearEnergy 35 3411 April 20, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  America drops "largest non-nuclear bomb in history" on Afganistan Aroura 77 12066 April 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Great Divide and Apathy Towards Politics AceBoogie 13 2075 April 8, 2017 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  North Korea executed 5 security officials, South Korea says KUSA 32 5210 March 2, 2017 at 7:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Trump put call with Putin on hold to ask his aides to explain our nuclear arms treaty Aegon 43 6853 February 14, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: GUBU