Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphin "asking" a diver for help.
Dolphin "asking" a diver for help.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21176914

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Dolphin "asking" a diver for help.
Whether it "asked" for help or not, it still obviously knew the diver was trying to help, hence why it stayed around and didn't try to kill him.

Good shit.
When I was 17 I able to rescue a stranded seal by gaining its trust.

It was stuck on sharp rock when the tide went out and kept trying to attack the people that were standing around it.

I used a fish to gain its attention and then its trust. People were then able to keep it wet and cool while it lay with its head in my lap until the tide came back in.

It is a truly extraordinary experience to have a wild seal trust you enough to rest its head in your lap with its eyes closed while you stroke its head.

In fact if I stopped it would open its eyes and look up at me as if to say "Why have you stopped?"

Eventually the tide came back in and it was able to escape back to the sea. But not before its swam around playing with all the people that had helped.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 28, 2013 at 7:40 am)Zen Badger Wrote:

[Image: 23252636.jpg]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura