Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would be your favourite God/dess?
Who would be your favourite God/dess?
As an atheist myself, I rather view the menagerie of gods human kind has created over the millennia as a kind of fabric depicting numerous stories. Like in all stories, I have a favourite character in all of this, someone whose qualities inspire me or make me reflect on myself, and think that I could relate to.

There is some importance to this, I think. Despite the fact that I have no reason so far to believe in any of them, looking historically back at many of these gods, it's interesting to see which cultures needed/wanted/forced themselves to abide by those gods and goddesses.

For me, I most identify with Hestia, Greek Goddess of the Hearth and family values, otherwise known as Vesta, Roman Goddess of the Hearth and state unity (notable for the state-run religious order known as the Vestal Virgins.)

What god/dess gives you some kind of inspiration/introspection/just tickles your fancy?

If you're religious, which is your god, and why do you like them?
RE: Who would be your favourite God/dess?
i love greek mythology. posiden is one i always liked. oh going fishing are we? *tidal wave behind fisherman* i`ll change that lol. then ares has been a favorite. most powerful huh? challenge accepted lol
Odin. Great fucking parties in Valhalla.

Sure as shit beats the xtian ideal of sitting around sucking jesus' cock all day....forever.
I prefer demi-gods, namely, Gilgamesh.
(February 5, 2013 at 12:51 am)Gilgamesh Wrote: I prefer demi-gods, namely, Gilgamesh.

It appears you don't even lift.

Tongue
(February 5, 2013 at 12:52 am)Insanity x Wrote:
(February 5, 2013 at 12:51 am)Gilgamesh Wrote: I prefer demi-gods, namely, Gilgamesh.

It appears you don't even lift.

Tongue

bravo man just fucking bravo *clapping with increasing speed*
The Olympic Pantheon for me too, from the days when gods got off their arses and actually did something. I've always had a sneaking regard for Zeus, a randy old goat who really doesn't give a shit nor takes shit from anyone - apart from his sister/wife Hera, who really wears the trousers in that relationship. At least that's how I picture them.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Dionysus, for obvious reasons.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
[Image: Sheogorath_skyrim.jpg]

elderscrolls wikia Wrote:Sheogorath is the infamous Prince of Madness, whose motives are unknowable.

elderscrolls wikia Wrote:Sheogorath savors the act of driving mortals insane or making them perform actions that may be seen as trivial or silly.

I'm also a big fan of Nocturnal

[Image: Nocturnalportrait.png]

Well most of the Daedric Princes are pretty awesome.
Another one for me would be Bacchus, the perpetually thirsty party god.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78636 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4041 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 6837 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2557 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11602 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4620 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What proof would it take for me to believe in god? Lemonvariable72 37 8107 October 17, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: IATIA
  Blind boy thanks he favourite deity for making him blind ReptilianPeon 12 3370 August 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  What Would the World b Like if You were God Rhondazvous 45 8567 August 23, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: ForsakenHeretic
  Why would you want to believe in god? Spooky 24 4579 July 3, 2015 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Spooky