Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's say that science proves that God exists
Let's say that science proves that God exists
Here's a fun one…
Let's say that science proves the existence of God - A perfect logical proof (with evidence) that clearly states that the universe was created by a creator. Nothing more, nothing less...

What will happen to the people on earth?
What religion would they cling to?
Would there be world peace?
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists
Why doesn't the fucking bastard answer his emails??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 8, 2013 at 8:53 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Why doesn't the fucking bastard answer his emails??
He's too busy on Twitter Angel
(February 8, 2013 at 8:53 am)FKHansen Wrote: Here's a fun one…
Let's say that science proves the existence of God - A perfect logical proof (with evidence) that clearly states that the universe was created by a creator. Nothing more, nothing less...

One clarification please. Would the discovery also include the nature of this god?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 8, 2013 at 8:56 am)Zen Badger Wrote: One clarification please. Would the discovery also include the nature of this god?
Nope, only that the universe was created by some kind of super being. Smile
(February 8, 2013 at 8:56 am)FKHansen Wrote:
(February 8, 2013 at 8:53 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Why doesn't the fucking bastard answer his emails??
He's too busy on Twitter Angel

ROFLOL

I thought Popenführer had a monopoly on Twitter?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I'm with Kichi, if we come to discover that some god-like-being set off the Big Bang, it's still not proof of a personal god that answers prayers. I think the "best" that could be proven is a disinterested-god that set the wheels of our universe in motion. People would still try to argue that god is looking out for them, but the amount of pain and suffering in the world, to me at least, proves that if there is a god-like-being, it's not the personal god most believers claim. End result: it would be a good day for Deists. Theists would try to claim it's a good day for them, but they would still have to overcome the evidence that god just doesn't care, and the debate between atheists and theists would continue. That's my two cents.
(February 8, 2013 at 8:53 am)FKHansen Wrote: Here's a fun one…

I can only speak for myself. I'd just think "That's interesting" and carry on as normal.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
^ Same. He obviously doesn't give a shit about his creations.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I guess we would all become Deists then Tongue

And then I'd carry on as usual.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1097 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Let's be honest Kingpin 109 6500 May 21, 2023 at 5:39 am
Last Post: GUBU
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6301 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1415 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2317 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
  God Exists brokenreflector 210 12953 June 16, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11327 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism Mystic 51 29723 April 23, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 14814 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Proof that God exists TheoneandonlytrueGod 203 46765 January 23, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician