Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proof of end times?
proof of end times?
heres a blog thats been goin around. the person claims its proof of the prophesied end times from the Bible. here it is http://terminalage.blogspot.com lets get some discussion goin lol
RE: proof of end times?
Before I even look at it, I think it's laughable that people figure taht THIS TIME, we've gt it right. All those other times in the last 2000 years when they thought it was the end times they miinterpreted stuff, but THIS TIME we've cracked it, and it's now.

When God spoke to prophets like Ezekiel and Isaiah and John why didn't he say something like this:
"Listen Zeke, write this down. In the year 2008 the United nations will make a declaration about the Middle East and America will suffer because of a world wide recession. Never mind what 'Americ' means Zeke, just write it down, it'll make sense to people in a few thousand years. No Zeke, I know 2008 doesn't make any kind of calendar sense but just writte it down, I don't want my faithful to be confused and argue amongst themselves later on"

But no, it's all "Gog, that means Russia, and the fig tree symbolises Israel, and because the numeric value of Obama equals 33 it means he's the antichrist"

Load of Bollocks.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
(September 28, 2008 at 6:46 am)locboxx Wrote: heres a blog thats been goin around. the person claims its proof of the prophesied end times from the Bible. here it is http://terminalage.blogspot.com lets get some discussion goin lol

From the blog (your blog??)
Quote:Fall 2008 The Rapture?
(snip snip)
In 2008 Rosh Hashanah begins on September 29th and end October 1st.

Right, I start counting tomorrow.... and if all the Jeeks are still here by the end of Wednesday they can kiss my arse.

And if they are gone, I'll apologise, and open a bible again. Can I have their stuff tho?
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
What is laughable is that now we have the internet, we can see the numerous websites that promoted the "end times" as being the year 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004...etc

Every year the prediction fails, and every year the prediction changes, because they reckon that one day it might become truth.
(September 28, 2008 at 6:46 am)locboxx Wrote: heres a blog thats been goin around. the person claims its proof of the prophesied end times from the Bible. here it is http://terminalage.blogspot.com lets get some discussion goin lol

This end of world crap is not even worth listening too.

There have been hundreds of predictions and everyone of them never took place. Why should we take it seriously?

Now how can there be an end of the world thing in a few days time if there is already a prediction saying the world will end in 2012?

Simple. There is no end of the world event....Well not for a few billion years anyway.

If the world was to end, It will end naturally, Like the sun or some other huge object in space.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I believe the latest theory is that the universe will just keep on expanding and expanding for infinity....

There is no Heaven or Hell. The only heaven and hell is on earth...and earth is mostly neutral.

The world (as in the earth) will end eventually because of Old-age and other factors....not because of the 'second coming'. Not for religious reasons. The world will end for obvious reasons; not reasons there is no evidence for.
Acctully to discuss this seems quite meaningless. We know that everyone here don´t believe in those things.

But it always pick on crazy religious people
(September 29, 2008 at 12:06 pm)Giff Wrote: Acctully to discuss this seems quite meaningless. We know that everyone here don´t believe in those things.

But it always pick on crazy religious people

Hey the 'crazy religious people' as you put it... give me their views... I'm just giving them mine Smile
(September 28, 2008 at 10:12 am)StewartP Wrote: From the blog (your blog??)
Quote:Fall 2008 The Rapture?
(snip snip)
In 2008 Rosh Hashanah begins on September 29th and end October 1st.

Right, I start counting tomorrow.... and if all the Jeeks are still here by the end of Wednesday they can kiss my arse.

And if they are gone, I'll apologise, and open a bible again. Can I have their stuff tho?

Another deadline comes and goes

Any apologies? Any whoops, I've misinterpreted the signs? No chance, they'll just reschedule and come back with more scare stoies later.

Really, I HATE these end-times, the end is nigh, revelations, rapture idiots.
Looks like another failed end of the world prediction. Anyone supprised?

They'll be back with yet another false end of the world prediction.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3403 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 6982 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 4122 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How would Abrahamic religions end? mota 18 8645 August 2, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Even in darkest times here is something that made me smile dyresand 3 1935 May 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1730 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5110 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  i think we are living in the end times! Rextos 5 1742 December 17, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  how do you think life on earth will end? Rextos 42 6363 November 18, 2015 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Religion must end. Spooky 60 9265 April 24, 2015 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Jenny A