Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was a Poe (sort of)
I was a Poe (sort of)
Hey y'all,

I've been posting as a Catholic the past two weeks, but I am actually an agnostic. I've been agnostic for about 4 years, but lately I've seen my family and friends get more involved in religion, and thought I'd give it another shot. I registered here as a Catholic and argued from a believer's perspective to see if I could see the sense in believing in God.

I couldn't.

Sorry if that was against any rules. I'll remain a member, but I am atheist. Just so y'all know. Big Grin

I'll be changing my username and profile around now.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: I was a Poe (sort of)
Derp.
Called it.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Wait let me pretend to be shocked...
I don't think I ever saw any of your posts, so it doesn't bother me. :-)
Well played, sir.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
At least now I can appreciate your posts without needing to call an ambulance for my faith in human nature, so thank you for that. Wink
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
But, it is against the rules. What the crust?
(February 18, 2013 at 8:10 pm)Shell B Wrote: But, it is against the rules. What the crust?

Not that I'm aware of.
(February 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(February 18, 2013 at 8:10 pm)Shell B Wrote: But, it is against the rules. What the crust?

Not that I'm aware of.

Really? I'm pretty sure people have been banned for being Poes.

It's trolling. If a Christian comes in pretending to be atheist and trolls people, it gets a warning. At best, it's disingenuous. Just saying that I can see why there sometimes are complaints about double standards on this one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-Introduction (Of a Sort!) Sam 3 1837 January 19, 2009 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: WWLD