Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me debunk this "sun miracle"
Help me debunk this "sun miracle"
The piece of "evidence": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K6Nw63hUIU

Got this linked to me and looking at it with a sceptical view made me think that this is a fraud.

Why?

* Almost at the exact time the camera is pointed up the miracles begin.
* The lack of reaction from the public - I can hear something like an "oh" but otherwise it's just half serious laughter and talking before the music starts playing.
*The "smoke" could easily be fake
*The roses, yes roses that is said to rain from heaven looks veryyyy suspicious to me.

Comments is disabled in the video. I think someone reprogrammed the camera.

Help me debunk this.
RE: Help me debunk this "sun miracle"
(February 19, 2013 at 6:33 pm)SwedishAtheist Wrote: Got this linked to me and looking at it with a sceptical view made me think that this is a fraud.

Why?

* The lack of reaction from the public - I can hear something like an "oh" but otherwise it's just half serious laughter and talking before the music starts playing.
*The roses, yes roses that is said to rain from heaven looks veryyyy suspicious to me.

Help me debunk this.

Wow. I just LOVE the "skeptical" view this little documentary takes. Spin at its very best.

I'm no expert by any means but the sun thing looks an awful lot like a shutter issue with the camera. Anyone who has spent any time with any machine can tell you that they often have on-again-off-again problems.

Clouds? Clouds happen. Nothing miraculous about it.

The rose petals. This feels a lot like the "raining frogs" deal. In that case, the frogs were swept into a windstorm from drought-decimated ponds and susequently dropped some mile down the road. I suspect it is the same deal here. Flower petals swept up in the onvious wind and deposited somewhere down the road.

As for the woman herself, she may very well believe she is talking to mary. My guess is that she has a mental ilness of some variety, perhaps schizophrenia.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
Camera effects can be wicked!

The only thing close to a miracle here is the fact there are Catholics in Conyers, GA.
it looks like it was filmed in the 70s im pretty sure its already been debunked and forgotten about by now or scientists would have flocked to the area to see the amazing blinking sun and rose petal rain and whatever else.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I don't know about the "sun miracle," but at least one Catholic theologian has published a lengthy "dubunking" of Nancy Fowler generally, the "visionary" who all these people were there to see in the first place.

http://www.catholicplanet.com/apparitions/false53.htm
Swedish Atheist. 100% of your threads are about helping you debunk different ridiculous thing. I don't know what your purpose is and why you need help with it, but let me be clear, you would gain a lot more if you would participate in other topics than your own. If you're not able to debunk what you have brought to the table yourself, I say you're in trouble and should stop whatever pet project you're doing. Though many of our members are nice and will help you out I ask of you in all seriousness to consider that we are not your friendly internet debunking machine to be used at one's whim. Don't be lazy and do your own work instead of having others to do it for you.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(February 19, 2013 at 6:46 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote:
(February 19, 2013 at 6:33 pm)SwedishAtheist Wrote: Got this linked to me and looking at it with a sceptical view made me think that this is a fraud.

Why?

Help me debunk this.

Wow. I just LOVE the "skeptical" view this little documentary takes. Spin at its very best.

I'm no expert by any means but the sun thing looks an awful lot like a shutter issue with the camera. Anyone who has spent any time with any machine can tell you that they often have on-again-off-again problems.

Clouds? Clouds happen. Nothing miraculous about it.

The rose petals. This feels a lot like the "raining frogs" deal. In that case, the frogs were swept into a windstorm from drought-decimated ponds and susequently dropped some mile down the road. I suspect it is the same deal here. Flower petals swept up in the onvious wind and deposited somewhere down the road.

As for the woman herself, she may very well believe she is talking to mary. My guess is that she has a mental ilness of some variety, perhaps schizophrenia.

Well I think the whole thing is staged. The camera is mixed with and all the other things too. To get all those "miracles" isn't very likely, unless it's staged.

(February 20, 2013 at 6:07 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Swedish Atheist. 100% of your threads are about helping you debunk different ridiculous thing. I don't know what your purpose is and why you need help with it, but let me be clear, you would gain a lot more if you would participate in other topics than your own. If you're not able to debunk what you have brought to the table yourself, I say you're in trouble and should stop whatever pet project you're doing. Though many of our members are nice and will help you out I ask of you in all seriousness to consider that we are not your friendly internet debunking machine to be used at one's whim. Don't be lazy and do your own work instead of having others to do it for you.

Well, if you absolutely must know, I haven't always been atheist. I have non or very little "skeptical" thinking, and I try to better it by asking you guys how to think in these situations. I have several psychical ilnesses and one of them is little paranoia.

I can't sleep when I get stuck watching clips like these. All I can think of is "what if, what if, what if". I guess I want someone to hold my hand and say that everything will be alright. That's why I'm asking. Besides, there is not much information of these miracles anywhere on the web and I just need to get things like this debunked for my own good.

Back to the topic;

The only thing that gets my mind stuck of this is the "oh" sound at the exact moment the camera is pointed to the sun that sounds legit. Then again the half serious laughter and non-reaction from the other people tells me that this is fake.

Help me guys.
"Ermagerrdd! Look Paw, the camera's a-blinkin!"

"Wooooo.... Cloooouuuuuds"

"I see rose petals & that makes me think of the smell of roses. Therefore God."

FFS...
Sum ergo sum
(February 20, 2013 at 9:13 am)SwedishAtheist Wrote: Well, if you absolutely must know, I haven't always been atheist. I have non or very little "skeptical" thinking, and I try to better it by asking you guys how to think in these situations. I have several psychical ilnesses and one of them is little paranoia.

I can't sleep when I get stuck watching clips like these. All I can think of is "what if, what if, what if". I guess I want someone to hold my hand and say that everything will be alright. That's why I'm asking. Besides, there is not much information of these miracles anywhere on the web and I just need to get things like this debunked for my own good.

Back to the topic;

The only thing that gets my mind stuck of this is the "oh" sound at the exact moment the camera is pointed to the sun that sounds legit. Then again the half serious laughter and non-reaction from the other people tells me that this is fake.

Help me guys.

It's aliens dude. They're using our primitive concepts of religion to manipulate the masses.

I've foiled them though ... literally ... with tinfoil. Buy a LOT of tinfoil, wrap it around the top of your head in a cone-like shape. This will prevent them from manipulating you too.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sun breaks free Foxaèr 12 1743 February 13, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Our Sun is approaching its solar maximum. Jehanne 3 612 March 24, 2022 at 2:12 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Will Our Sun Expand and Go Nova or Shrink into a Black Hole? Rhondazvous 55 7794 January 19, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Nearest star from the sun has earth like planet. Anomalocaris 10 5480 October 18, 2012 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Tornadoes on the sun popeyespappy 0 990 February 18, 2012 at 12:29 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Cool pic of our sun! IATIA 3 1238 November 16, 2011 at 9:57 am
Last Post: little_monkey
  Sun-Spots, with Persective thesummerqueen 1 1125 September 27, 2011 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  TESTING ALTERNATIVE THEORIES OF GRAVITY USING THE SUN little_monkey 2 1514 September 19, 2011 at 10:21 am
Last Post: little_monkey
  Sun Unleashes X6.9 Class Flare Judas BentHer 1 1089 August 11, 2011 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Violet
  Radioactive decay and the sun solja247 12 3490 August 29, 2010 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Tiberius