Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some of Hovind's pals
Some of Hovind's pals
I don't think atheists are very aware of these guys but they're very popular in creationist circles. I had to watch all their tapes and read their books for the first 18 years of my life.

They're close friends with the Hovind's so you often see them together.

"Dr." Carl Baugh. The owner of the human/dinosaur tracks museum in Glen Rose, TX. Has a tv show on The Bible Network.

"Dr." Dennis Swift. Peddles fake "ica stones" that have dinosaurs on them.

"Dr." Jack Cuozzo. Thinks Neanderthals are modern humans. He always tells this crazy story too about French agents chasing him down in his car as he was trying to leave the country because he had evidence against evolution.

My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Some of Hovind's pals
Baugh I'd heard of; the other two are new to me. This is another reason why I love the internet - no place for them to hide.

As for the Ica stones: Bad Archaeology
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Cuozzo is a creationist dentist. Well, WTH, Ron Paul was a gynecologist. Must be why I always thought of him as an old pussy.
You mean the Kent Hovind who is a felon? Yea unfortunately for sane Yanks we are very familiar with his bullshit.
(February 22, 2013 at 12:16 am)Brian37 Wrote: You mean the Kent Hovind who is a felon? Yea unfortunately for sane Yanks we are very familiar with his bullshit.

Both Hovinds. Eric does conferences with them still.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young-earth creationist Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation orogenicman 39 14665 March 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas