Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I hate the Public Service
Why I hate the Public Service
I put this on my blog, but I thought I'd share it here with you guys as well.
  • To whom it may concern,

Every day I do my part to keep our street clean by picking up litter and putting it in the bin.

Naturally I expect others to be considerate and respectful of our suburb.

Unfortunately some people are not thoughtful and don’t share the same values as I have.

Today just after noon I was driving down Canberra Ave. Ahead of me was a TAMS vehicle, number plate 214 508.

The driver threw his coffee cup out as he was driving as if our street is a garbage dump.

I stopped, got out of my car, and picked up the cup and am returning it to you so that you can kindly return it to the tosser and explain to him where he should put garbage.

I might suggest you send him back to Canberra Ave to pick up the rest of the garbage along it, since I’m sure it’s probably also his – especially if he drinks coffee every day throws every cup onto the street so that others can clean up his trash.

Speaking personally, I have better things to do with my time than to clean up after public servant slobs like him. As a concerned taxpayer I feel that it’s an abuse of our money.

It is totally inappropriate while representing a company to behave in such a filthy, disgusting and shamelessly disrespectful way, and I would hope that the public service feels the same way about this.

Yours sincerely,

Daniel Baxter
I've posted the letter along with the coffee cup to their GPO Box.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Why I hate the Public Service
How hard can it be to have a garbage bag in your car and toss everything where it belong at the same time. For shame! And I hope someone feels appropriately ashamed after getting his cup back Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

You don't even need a garbage bag in your car, you just need to throw it in the bin when you stop and get out of your car. Oddly enough, that's what I do...
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
I usually haul any papers, coke cans & assorted receipts on a nice compartment that is just on the driver door. Speaking of witch, my car needs a cleaning. Hauling construction materials contribute alot to his dirtyness.
(February 28, 2013 at 8:36 am)Aractus Wrote: You don't even need a garbage bag in your car, you just need to throw it in the bin when you stop and get out of your car. Oddly enough, that's what I do...

Yeah.. But you know, it just takes so much effort.. [/sarcasm]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I am more angry that he drank whilest driving!

Angry

A driver should focus his or her full attention on the road and nothing else!
Unfortunately TGAC, we don't have very high speeds here in Oz. We cater to the lowest common denominator... like Daniel. Dodgy
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The irony is obviously lost on you Kichi that TAMS is supposedly charged with keeping our fucking streets clean, yet they're the bastards littering them. In the ACT we don't really get "public bins" the way that NSW does, and who's fault do you think that is? Well it's obvious that TAMS think we can throw our trash on the streets ...

You damn all public servants for the actions of one man!

Shame on you.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1147 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2290 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My HATE Thread! impaler 46 2764 September 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I hate it when I do that... onlinebiker 22 1263 July 15, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2883 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 732 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  I hate government Apex1050 24 1880 May 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Athene
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7867 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1811 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
  I don't hate everything my species does. Brian37 17 2649 March 20, 2019 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Little lunch