Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the sheep keep on sheeping
And the sheep keep on sheeping
In Israel, 3 teenagers decided to make a fake "holy grave" and people flocked all over to pray there. When it was exposed, people still kept coming.

I translated this for a friend of mine. So click on "CC" for "Closed Caption" (bottom of the screen, a bit to the right) and select English, unless you can read Hebrew.

You have to clieck "play" before the "CC" option will appear, apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3F81EEbj...r_embedded
“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders
RE: And the sheep keep on sheeping
What a great idea.

Then again, jews and muslims have been selling shit to gullible xtians since the 4th century. Some things never change.
You've got to be kidding me.. Facepalm
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Nope! The sheeple keep bleating ....

I mean really...trek half way across the globe to walk around and empty square box??

WHY?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 28, 2013 at 11:45 am)EGross Wrote: In Israel, 3 teenagers decided to make a fake "holy grave" and people flocked all over to pray there. When it was exposed, people still kept coming.

The more you read the more you learn. For anyone who has looked at my thread on Made in Alexandria here I learn the believers had to invent a mythical character to explain all of the surviving Septuagints were in Aramaic. I have noted the Babylonian Talmud is in Aramaic and it uses an Aramaic NOT Hebrew Old Testament. This is not a perfect fill the that "blank" in fact.
It is an indication folks long ago saw a problem with only Greek and Aramaic versions of their "holy books" and invented something, a just so story.

So thank you for the post. Another gap has been filled in Made in Alexandria. The gap filled is People in ancient times knew there was a problem with their own traditions and filled the gaps. So now I look for more gap fillings.