Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:10 am

Poll: Should Joan Rivers apologize?
This poll is closed.
Yes! She's Jewish! How could she be so heartless?
23.08%
3 23.08%
No. It's a joke. Get over it. She's Jewish. If she she thinks it's funny she's not offended so what's the big deal?
38.46%
5 38.46%
Joan who?
38.46%
5 38.46%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joan Rivers Refuses to Apologize for Holocaust Joke
[Image: gty_joan_rivers_nt_130228_wblog.jpg]

Luchina Fisher
Feb 28, 2013
ABC News

[Image: gty_joan_rivers_heidi_klum_nt_130228_vblog.jpg]Commenting on German model Heidi Klum’s daring Oscar party dress on E!’s “Fashion Police” Monday, the 79-year-old comedian cracked: “The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens.”

It's a stupid joke. She should apologize for insisting on trying to be funny all the time and failing most of the time.
[Image: white-cloud-emoticon6.gif?1292330538]
Then there was a man who said, “I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late." Anonymous
RE: Joan Rivers Refuses to Apologize for Holocaust Joke
Who cares what Joan Rivers says about anything?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNJj1SMJ4DxB1Pq7i5yKc...GP3O1m9cQg]
(February 28, 2013 at 9:06 pm)Nobody Wrote: “The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens.”

Okay, offensiveness aside, it's a bad joke. Were the Germans who worked in the camp crematoria ever known to complain of the heat? Did they come out of the crematoria sweaty?

*Looks into his copy of Filip Muller's "Eyewitness Auschwitz," the autobiography of one of the Germans who worked in the crematoria of Auschwitz* Well, apparently they did.

And, seriously, is she comparing Heidi Klum to the Sonderkommando, and is she seriously doing so favorably? At least when Sasha Baron-Cohen makes jokes about the Holocaust, it's clearly meant to be in bad taste.

I mean, I can understand references to Auschwitz if it's meant to be a commentary on how Hollywood's standards of beauty are gradually making women look like concentration camp victims, but seriously, Joan Rivers, Jewish or not, went way out of line.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Actualy I visited Dachau, Mauthause and Auschwitz to see the memorials and exebitions.

The SS brigades stationed there "couldnt stomache" the sight and stench of the gaschambers and cremetorias.

What they did was chose who would die, lead them to the gaschambers, lock them in and dumb the Zyklon B into the chambers.

Getting the bodies out of the chambers and buring these in the ofens was left to be done by jewish slave laborers - who themselves were mostly murdered for being witnesses.
Why isn't there a voting option: Yes, she should apologize but not for her sad taste in jokes but for being a megabitch cunt?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
If Chris Rock apologized every time he said "nigger" he'd never have time to tell a joke.

Fucking people should lighten up.
I voted for yes, but then changed my mind, so the poll will be 1 vote less accurate.
Joan's nearly dead, so who cares let her be offensive and say a few outrageous things. Germans did push Jews into ovens that's a fact. But i still think it's a crap unfunny joke. I like the freedom to be able to talk about facts despite being politically incorrect but desperately trying to be politically incorrect to tell a joke that doesn't even make sense is just crap and offensive.

Just to clarify i don't think the joke works because surely if you saw a German pushing a Jew into an oven and you were asked who looked the hottest you would say the Jew. So the German would look relatively cool in that situation.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

You're right. I correct my statement, she's just a megabitchWink

"She said to me, 'I want them to have their own ethnic heritage.' I said, 'Lock 'em in a room (and) throw in flies.'" Comedienne Joan Rivers has a little offensive parental advice for mom-of-six Angelina Jolie.

I hate Houston. It's crawling with bugs. ...Oh, wait, that's Whitney Houston; I'm sorry, my bad.
*She wrote this after Houston died

"Rihanna confessed to Oprah Winfrey that she still loves Chris Brown. Idiot! Now it's MY turn to slap her."

"The girl made it on her back f*ing the president, we all know that, of the network. Number two, she's fine, she's ordinary. She's not a genius."
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(February 28, 2013 at 10:34 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Actualy I visited Dachau, Mauthause and Auschwitz to see the memorials and exebitions.

The SS brigades stationed there "couldnt stomache" the sight and stench of the gaschambers and cremetorias.

What they did was chose who would die, lead them to the gaschambers, lock them in and dumb the Zyklon B into the chambers.

Getting the bodies out of the chambers and buring these in the ofens was left to be done by jewish slave laborers - who themselves were mostly murdered for being witnesses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonderkommando

Quote:Sonderkommandos were work units of Nazi death camp prisoners, composed almost entirely of Jews, who were forced, on threat of their own deaths, to aid with the disposal of gas chamber victims during The Holocaust. The death-camp Sonderkommando, who were always inmates, should not be confused with the SS-Sonderkommandos which were ad hoc units formed from various SS offices between 1938 through 1945.
The term itself in German means "special unit", and was part of the vague and euphemistic language which the Nazis used to refer to aspects of the Final Solution (cf. Einsatzgruppen).

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holocaust Survivors CatholicDefender 36 5388 September 5, 2017 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Islam really can't take a joke Malay Apostate 9 3779 July 12, 2013 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Raven
  rabbis warn fox news and glenn beck about their misuse of the holocaust downbeatplumb 18 7209 January 28, 2011 at 9:29 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  jim jefferies- religion joke binny 2 1617 April 18, 2010 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Is it too late to Apologize justwhoarebongorock 2 1595 March 15, 2010 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: christian585
  'Sam Harris makes a joke and a point' Edwardo Piet 0 1849 December 20, 2008 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet