Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Hello, everyone!
This is my first time on an atheist forum, although I have had the pleasure of being raised by an atheist immediate family. Anyway, my name is Kate and I'm currently still enrolled in high school. I figured it was time enough for me to get involved with an atheist community and this looks like a lovely forum.
RE: Hello!
Hi Kate. Welcome. [Image: bye-smiley.gif?1292867562]
[Image: white-cloud-emoticon6.gif?1292330538]
Then there was a man who said, “I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late." Anonymous
Guten Abend!
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^

And now Lynyrd Skynyrd is playing in my head..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hi Kate, lovely username you have there! Yes, you've certainly come to the right place. I've been signed in to several fora in my time and this is by far the liveliest and friendliest. Hell, they even let an idiot like me on staff (did I say that bit out loud..?)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome Kate, enjoy the forums.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 28, 2013 at 9:09 pm)FreeBird Wrote: Hello, everyone!
This is my first time on an atheist forum, although I have had the pleasure of being raised by an atheist immediate family. Anyway, my name is Kate and I'm currently still enrolled in high school. I figured it was time enough for me to get involved with an atheist community and this looks like a lovely forum.

With that nickname don't go into any guitar shops and play that song. Ok, admittedly I am showing my age here. But those old enough get the joke.

ANYWHO, stay in school keep your grades up. Other than that barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags of your mattress.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5961 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3631 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates