Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do Republicans support Rush Limbaugh???
Why do Republicans support Rush Limbaugh???
[Image: rush.png]

"Greetings, conversationalists across the fruited plain, this is Rush Limbaugh, the most dangerous man in America, with the largest hypothalamus in North America, serving humanity simply by opening my mouth, destined for my own wing in the Museum of Broadcasting, executing everything I do flawlessly with zero mistakes, doing this show with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair because I have talent on loan from……God. Rush Limbaugh. A man. A legend. A way of life."

Why Does He Have 15 MILLION Listeners??
Data from the Pew Research Center offers some insight. A 2008 survey found that 80 percent of Limbaugh’s listeners identified themselves as “conservative,” compared to 35 percent of the total U.S. population. About three-quarters of his listeners are NRA supporters, compared to 40 percent of all Americans. The same proportion identify themselves as Tea Partiers and Christian Conservatives. Why do they listen to Limbaugh? In one survey, 37 percent said they tune in for opinion, but another 28 percent say they enjoy the blend of news, opinion, and entertainment. Among Republicans, 13 percent say they tune in to Limbaugh “regularly.” There’s one more interesting number to keep in mind, and after the events of this week, it will hardly come as a surprise: According to a 2009 survey, only 28 percent of Limbaugh’s audience is female—a smaller proportion than any other news source included in the questionnaire. He is featured on Armed Services Radio. Given the fact that the army is 24% Latino and 12% black, Limbaugh is offending more than a third of the enlisted soldiers.

Rush Limbaugh has acted as de facto spokesman for the Republican party, the self appointed voice of conservative broadcast, saying what they mean to say butt won’t say for fear of being deemed politically incorrect. Still the GOP has given him their approval. George Bush has appeared on Limbaugh’s show several times as has his brother Jeb. GOP Uncle Toms, Condoleezza Rice and Clarence Thomas have also appeared on his show as have Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. Former White House Press Secretary Tony Snow has not only appeared on Limbaugh’s show, but has been a replacement host for Limbaugh as has Matt Drudge.

Tonight I was wondering after reading one of the new members' posts-- just where do wacko's come from? Then I remembered this guy and found that he indeed has fifteen million listeners.

Is there any Republican brave enough who to criticize or acknowledge the racism and bigotry of Limbaugh or has the party traded in fiscal conservatism and family values for hatred and bigotry?

Rush on Society/Politics: Wrote:"The future is not Big Government. Self-serving politicians. Powerful bureaucrats. This has been tried, tested throughout history. The result has always been disaster. President Obama, your agenda is not new. It's not change, and it's not hope.”

"— what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex.

So, Ms. Fluke and the rest of you feminazis, here's the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it, and I'll tell you what it is. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."

Rush Shameless Fearmongering Wrote:RUSH: Barack Obama is employing tactics that have been used by people like Nicolae Ceausescu, Saddam Hussein, and Fidel Castro.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily

Rush on racism Wrote:"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed."

“You’re a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out.”

Who actually supports what he so blatantly advocates? When the President (G. Bush), Vice President (D. Cheney), Vice Presidential candidates, Governors, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense Senators and Supreme court justices appear on the show of a hate spewing racist, sexist pig, it does not reflect well on their political party or country. Now I know the that's just the tip of the iceburg for 15 million Americans who listen to Rush Limbaugh.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Why do Republicans support Rush Limbaugh???
Well..............................

at least your right wing isnt still trying to win world war 2.
He's the bleating anus of a doomed party. He grows more extreme as his obsolescence nears.
I hope he loses power, but I don't see it happening any time soon. There are way too many voices in the Republican party just as crazy as him, some even crazier. I worry that Limbaugh and his ilk are going to do to America what Islam did to the middle east.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIMifWU5ucU
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
[Image: original.jpg]

In Oklahoma, faith-based explanations can get you an "A" in science class

Quote:On Tuesday, the Oklahoma Common Education committee considered HB 1674 — a House bill that would prevent teachers in science classes from penalizing students who contest evolutionary principles with untestable, faith-based claims.

It passed, 9-8.

Writes Dana Liebelson for Mother Jones:

Gus Blackwell, the Republican state representative who introduced the bill, insists that his legislation has nothing to do with religion; it simply encourages scientific exploration. "I proposed this bill because there are teachers and students who may be afraid of going against what they see in their textbooks," says Blackwell, who previously spent 20 years working for the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma. "A student has the freedom to write a paper that points out that highly complex life may not be explained by chance mutations."

HB 1674 goes further than a companion bill under consideration in the state Senate by explicitly protecting students, teachers, and schools from being penalized for subscribing to alternative theories. It does, however, say that children may still be tested on widely accepted theories such as anthropogenic climate change. "Students can't say because I don't believe in this, I don't want to learn it," Blackwell says. "They have to learn it in order to look at the weaknesses."
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
^ That's some Southern states for you. Some science textbooks talk about creationism as well.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

I believe it was Bill Maher who explained Limbaugh's appeal. "His job" noted Maher "is to scare blue collar white guys as they are getting in to their trucks that some one, blacks, gays, the French, is coming to steal the American dream from them."

Meanwhile, the republibertarianeo-conazis cunts have already stolen it but the bad part of being dumb is that you listen to shits like Limbaugh.
People like hearing their own opinions. It's not a big secret.

Next up: Why do Libertarians like listening to Ron Paul? After that, why do liberals like Bill Maher?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Probably for the same reasons that radical leftists like listening to crude obnoxious leftwingers like Ed Schultz.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Aw..does Eddie upset the right wing nuts in this fucking country?

Good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI support Poll neil 58 2733 April 1, 2024 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  J.R.R Tolkien historical support of Franco of Spain, whats your view on it? Woah0 2 477 August 14, 2022 at 8:12 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2166 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination brewer 36 3307 March 24, 2021 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  An honest question for the Republicans Foxaèr 26 1295 November 20, 2020 at 1:25 pm
  Concert in support of Biden campaign Foxaèr 8 536 October 25, 2020 at 5:07 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Question About Republicans DeistPaladin 13 1315 September 22, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 834 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Most British voters support violence on brexit downbeatplumb 17 1496 October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Big Grin Democrats VS Republicans I believe in Harry Potter 17 2020 October 28, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Alan V