Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SimCity Release
SimCity Release
Alright fellow, sim building geeks.

I'm not a gamer. I've never owned an X-box or a Playstation. However, I am a huge fan of the Sim City franchise for the PC.

RollerCoaster Tycoon and this new SimCity will no doubt be the only games I will play for the next few years. I'm a dork that way.

Anyway, the new SimCity is coming out tomorrow and I was wondering if I'm the only nerd who likes to build fake cities and buildings?

[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Sim City Release
ROFL, can't believe SimCity is still going!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Sim City Release
yep, and I've been playin it since it looked like this:

[Image: Screenshot-5.png]

lol ... funny thing is - even back then I loved playing that silly game.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: SimCity Release
Ye i still play the sim city 2000 version occasionally and i remember the version shown in your picture well - i played that on my SNES.
Ah sim city 3000, I do miss you.

I was an merciless god-king back when I was young...

thanks for the update, had no idea there was a new one. Might have to go buy that (in three days, there's always a bloody delay in getting it in australia...)
Nemo me impune lacessit.
I would definitely consider getting it, but my computer just misses the minimum requirements.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'm a fan of SimCity.
I liked Theme Park World and a similar games where you had your own version of Jurassic park. Now I just like making people angry in the way you can only do with a online FPS.
Oh my goodness! i love simcity!!!
I heard we lost the ability to manage water and electric infrastructure, as well as subways and light rail, in the new Simcity. If true, it would be a decisive step backwards from the micromanagement ethos of the game.