Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Hi people..

I live in an Islamic country (Brunei) where any religious practices except Islam are strictly controlled by the government & any religious discussions concerning anything but Islam are considered taboo.. I hope its ok for you guys if I just keep my identity anonymous as I dont even confess to anyone in person that I have denounced my Islamic religion, I'm a muslim in name only..

well sometimes I do need to share with others what I think, on my religious view.. obviously I cant do that in my community & I hope this forum is exactly what I need to express that

Cheers!!Cool Shades
RE: Hi
Hey and welcome to AF! ^_^

It's quite alright to keep your identity a secret, but do chose an avatar, so that we get a 'face' with the name Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)JustAnAtheist Wrote: Hi people..

I live in an Islamic country (Brunei) where any religious practices except Islam are strictly controlled by the government & any religious discussions concerning anything but Islam are considered taboo.. I hope its ok for you guys if I just keep my identity anonymous as I dont even confess to anyone in person that I have denounced my Islamic religion, I'm a muslim in name only..

well sometimes I do need to share with others what I think, on my religious view.. obviously I cant do that in my community & I hope this forum is exactly what I need to express that

Cheers!!Cool Shades
Welcome friend. Islam is very wrong, and also very powerful.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Welcome Smile
Welcome Enjoy the forums
Quote:Hey and welcome to AF! ^_^

It's quite alright to keep your identity a secret, but do chose an avatar, so that we get a 'face' with the name

thanks Kayenneh, yeah I'm thinking of that one now, for my forum identity Tongue

Quote:Welcome friend. Islam is very wrong, and also very powerful.

I know Aractus, which is why I denounce it.. the brainwashing & indoctrination I received at a very young age was very hard for me to fight against mentally.. took me several years of doubting until I can finally break free & became an atheist

to everyone else, thank you for the warm welcome Big Grin
Very brave! Howdy Smile please tell us more about your culture.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 5, 2013 at 9:28 am)justin Wrote: Very brave! Howdy Smile please tell us more about your culture.

I'll submit my story on how I became an atheist in the Converts' Corner, its a long story but I'll make it short Big Grin
Of course we don't mind we don't want you getting in trouble. That has to suck though, cant be yourself in the open. Welcome, you do have a voice here.